Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Underworld cover 'Baby Wants To Ride'
Anyone relieved their copy yet? My money got debited but no hint at when I'll get a copy of if I get the digital tracks included. Communication is poor. Might have to email the PR I think.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:30 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

It says right on the order site, the release date is April 13. It also doesn't say that digital copies are included with the vinyl (they're not).
Old 03-27-2015, 03:02 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
Is this Underworld's first cover version???
So, UW considers it their first cover:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...sic-elton-john

Quote:
Underworld had never covered a song before, although that didn’t dawn on them until they had finished. “Yeah, we didn’t actually realise until we had finished it,” laughs Hyde. “I grew up doing cover versions in a band as a teenager, so didn’t twig we’d never done one as Underworld! But that was good really, because it meant there wasn’t any apprehension of how we should approach a cover.”
Old 04-09-2015, 10:03 AM
BishBash
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
It says right on the order site, the release date is April 13.
That's true it does say that. But did it say that when it first went on sale? When they announced it, they said, "Junior Boys Own to release a tribute to Frankie Knuckles, the undisputed Godfather of house, on 31st March, the 1-year anniversary of his passing" However in reality they released the download earlier than that, and they're sending out the vinyl later than that...
Old 04-09-2015, 02:29 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
So, UW considers it their first cover:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...sic-elton-john
Interesting! I would consider their remix of David Lynch's "Good Day Today" to approach cover version status, as the vocals sound like Karl and the main melody is redone, not sampled. But hey, its a fuzzy line, and if UW say so!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:25 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishBash View Post
That's true it does say that. But did it say that when it first went on sale?
Yes, it did.

Additionally, in my order confirmation e-mail receipt, it says "Items Purchased: [...] Baby Wants To Ride (Limited 12 Inch Vinyl Single) (Released: 2015-04-13)"
Old 04-11-2015, 03:54 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Mine just arrrived.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Mine arrived. If the record wasn't for charity, I might not have bought it. Feel scammed that for the price, I don't have a digital copy included. Don't really like torrenting stuff due to poor quality but I'm not paying again. Disappointing communication from the people managing the shop, no response to emails and I reckon they got posted out before the dispatch. No way it could have arrived on Saturday when it was supposedly dispatched at 6.02pm on Friday.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Mike
born013

The UK 4 Track Promo CD sold for £73 on eBay yesterday. I missed out on an auction a few weeks ago where it sold for just under £10.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNDERWORLD...p2047675.l2557

Surely this has to be the most anyone would pay for a CDR Promo?
Old 04-14-2015, 04:48 AM
BishBash
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
Mine arrived. If the record wasn't for charity, I might not have bought it. Feel scammed that for the price, I don't have a digital copy included.
Well certainly by the time postage had been added on, £16 felt like a lot of money, but it did occur to me at the time that I could cancel and just get the downloads for £1 per track (or less for all four tracks). I agree that it would have been nice to get the downloads as a reward for shelling out £16, but they didn't say that we would. It seemed pretty clear to me that I would have to buy the downloads separately, (which so far I haven't done). The long wait for the vinyl also didn't help in terms of getting gratification for your cash. I wonder if they held off so that they could get "the first No1 in the new vinyl chart" as per this Underworld tweet yesterday, https://twitter.com/underworldlive/s...648?lang=en-gb. (I've tried to google the chart - there's lots of stuff for "Q1 2015" sales, but I'm struggling to find the exact chart that the tweet referred to. Bored looking now...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
.No way it could have arrived on Saturday when it was supposedly dispatched at 6.02pm on Friday.
I'm not sure we can complain that the things arrived on Saturday when we weren't meant to get them til Monday.