Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2016, 02:55 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Barbara Barbara dirty reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by botkiller View Post
I'm not trying to say that age determines things, and it's good to progress one's art. I'm glad that UW does and can, let's face it; they are literally probably the ONLY dance music outfit, save for FSOL, who can continue to make art, not just make songs to please radio and DJs. That is a huge fucking thing. I try to do that and I can't even get like one person to listen to my fucking music. I'm grateful that they change, evolve, and progress -- but the simple fact exists that many of us are UW fans from the 90s on and one way or another, we're going to be affected by changes in the sound, just as I was when KMFDM changed their sound in the early 00s. I still love both bands with all my heart, but it's in different ways.
Totally agree. Our musical tastes change, as do the styles of the musicians and producers. Each UW album, save maybe Barking, has exhibited aspects of new style, different inspiration, and in all cases, embraced change. Though you and I have our own reasons for preferring certain phases, albums or songs, ID like to think that most of the folks who've been dirties for awhile are able to at least appreciate R & K's efforts.

Anyway.... After a week and many, many listens, I'm struck by how much stringed instruments are on BB. Karl mentioned bringing in a lot of different, sometimes difficult to play instruments. I think the variety shows, and the organic playing adds nice depth.