Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 11:27 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Re: R.I.P. Stylus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Critiques are subjective, yes, and that's fine, but when they're not particularly well-written nor do they concentrate on the music itself but rather the scene surrounding it, that's the difference.
This might have happened ocassionally but as a usual Stylus reader I have to say that this is not the case.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

The world forum doesn't hold a candle to the animosity here in headset.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 PM
kid cue
ryooong

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Are you being contrarian just for the sake of being so? Come on. No, i've not read either because i'm illiterate. I was just making baseless statements.

Yes, i have listened to music based on someone's good word...the words of people i know and respect and who can eloquently describe why i should give it a try. I don't know or respect Joe Pitchfork or Billy Stylus. Their tone and uninformed reviews say it all. Do i need to dig up examples of the lack of thought that goes into these critiques? Critiques are subjective, yes, and that's fine, but when they're not particularly well-written nor do they concentrate on the music itself but rather the scene surrounding it, that's the difference.
yes, holden, i was just trying to be a complete asshole. why else would someone take issue with your objective, well-considered viewpoints? how dare anyone accuse you of not being fair. everyone at Stylus is an uninformed scenester snob who doesn't actually care about music. they don't have enough information, they don't like music for the right reasons, and they even think they're better than you. this is so obvious that i'd be an even bigger asshole if i asked for examples of poorly written, poorly thought-out reviews that unjustifiably talk about scene instead of music. also, critics are useless. congratulations.

ps. i'm definitely being a huge asshole right now.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
swillhite
tHe niGHt oWl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
that was a joke home boy. get one sarcasm detector.
The sarcasm is clear. No negativity intended bld. I'm just on this kick of trying to spread some good vibes. We've got enough hate in this world right now.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:11 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
The world forum doesn't hold a candle to the animosity here in headset.
No animosity, just strong opinions. Everyone feels very passionately about their musical interests, i suppose. Musical tastes are affected and modified by personal experience, so i very much doubt anyone will ever see exactly eye-to-eye.