Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 07:39 AM
jose m
pants

Re: An updated Cocoon setlist please?
i think they needed the other music. as much as a 4 hour jam would go down great with all on here i thought the idea was about working with other people on the scene,trying different stuff and not just doing an extra long underworld gig?

i thought sven and underworld played some great underground dance music and i would love to hear what they would do with some other djs or record labels.they were definately playing their own edits of some of the tracks but i can see if you are more of an underworld fan than a techno fan you might not have been aware of the work that was going on.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:52 AM
change
weekend blues

Send a message via ICQ to change Send a message via AIM to change Send a message via MSN to change Send a message via Yahoo to change
It was interesting to see Rick at his main board tweaking knobs on tracks that were obviously not UW things. Like they had the other artist's tracks loaded in their comps just like the original pieces, and were improvising as they go. I thought they were all new UW pieces, until I heard one of them in a Vath set that was posted on here last week (sexy techno at cocoon mixed by sven vath, about 55 mins in). Unless it IS a new track that Sven's been playing with.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Leon
bungalow

SHAKE THAT HIGHER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

And I only just realized they played tracks by other's in there. I didn't recognize anything of it :O
Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
12 ID
this one was the money shot for me. that was brutally good.

part 2 of sven's set was pretty good too. never was a fan of the baby kate track and the depeche mode was awful, but he played mouth to mouth! one of the top tracks of the year for me. misc was great too!

Last edited by dubman; 10-16-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
xolbe2
Advance With Sound

Hello.

Part 2 02 is Amerika by The Cooler Kings (Darren Price & Pete Heller), this then segues into Biro The Leggy. So Peggy Sussed would be track 04 and so on ...
Old 10-16-2006, 09:07 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
I thought it was a great idea and the selection of songs was really great. Its a club-thing and maybe its because you were there sitting in your chair in your room and not seeing it in the club?
you hit it right on, Stimp. Don't get me wrong, i loved the selection of songs and i think the club environment was perfect for that. uw has always been a hard band to 'dance' to especially at their shows, so this is a welcomed take i think.

ok, ive made up my mind. good stuff and big thanks for getting into my home office!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
uw has always been a hard band to 'dance' to especially at their shows, so this is a welcomed take i think.
i must be misunderstanding you but did you just say that uw are hard to dance to?!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake
i must be misunderstanding you but did you just say that uw are hard to dance to?!
lol. just about every US show UW has done, has been pretty packed and rather hard to find room to dance to. in the US, UW plays venues rather than clubs and those places are just not right for dancing. and songs like cowgirl and jumbo arent exactly dancing songs now are they? but my point was that the music of this past show was much more dancable and faster maybe?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:52 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

i hear you about the packed venues. Usually all you can do is wiggle a bit and jump up and down in the same place. Cocoon was pretty packed although we had decent enough room to go mental at the front for most of the time
Old 10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Badger
pants

Thanks so far for this. Can't wait till Yannick posts the proper setlist though.

I didn't realise that they were playing other tracks inbetween their tunes...not sure if i like that idea or not but loved the Underworld stuff and yes Track 12 in Part 1 was amazing really wanna know what that was (even if it wasn't Underworld).

Just out of interest, I've seen the Sven Vath Part 1 tracks listed on a couple of sites but haven't actually heard it on any of the sources, so how did the tracklist appear for it?