Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

View Poll Results: Which is the best superdeluxe boxset in your opionion - must pick one
Dubnobasswithmyheadman 28 87.50%
Second toughest in the infants 3 9.38%
Beaucoup fish 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2017, 08:25 PM
negative1

Ranking the Super Deluxe Boxsets so far
After reading a great post about the beaucoup fish boxset by aphasein,
it brings up a good question about the boxsets...

which is favorite and why,

what are pluses and minuses of each one;
---------
content -
extra tracks
demos
b sides
live

presentation
book
box
cd labels

price point

and anything else you can think of ...

later
Old 08-26-2017, 08:31 PM
negative1

Re: Ranking the Super Deluxe Boxsets so far
Oh yeah, and you HAVE to pick one of them... don't say they're all equal, or even,
that's pretty hard to believe..

i picked the Dubnobasswithmyheadman, it had the best new tracks, a good selection of b-sides,
great demos, and a good choice of mixes.

the mastering also really stood out.

the book was excellent, along with the color scheme and choice for the box and lablels,
this was the priciest one for me..

---
for second toughest, the remaster wasn't as great. the demos were superb, and the live tracks were ok, but there were a lot of mixes and b-sides missing.

the book was ok, the box was decent looking, but not great, and the pricepoint was higher
but not that expensive.

---------
for beacoup fish, i'm still waiting to check it out fully, having heard the tracks..

but - not much difference in the mastering , ok on demos, ok on mixes,
nice to have the unreleased ones especially

missing live tracks completely

price is the lowest, and its the best bargain considering what you get
==============

later
Old 08-28-2017, 12:49 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

didn't expect to be the lone gunman for STITI, but questionable art direction aside (which i know is a big part but bear with me), i'm here to fanboy out and listen to things i haven't heard before, that i'd have killed to hear back in the heyday, and this box does it the best for me. the Kyme jam absolutely beats out a basket of NUXX iterations, but i'm not really a fan of "listen to when they were still getting the dregs of the 80s off their shoes" either.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:59 PM
markreed
mouseman

Let's hope the band are reading this.

Dubnobass because

1. 5 discs. MORE content. And more unheard content. We're not buying these to hear a snazzy remaster of "River Of Bass". We're buying this for the new stuff that's never been out before. There's plenty missing off DubNo such as the Soundcloud Mysterons Mix + Winjer etc.. but still...

2. More original Underworld content : BF falls over as 2 discs of it are third party remixes and frankly, a Fatboy Slim remix of Underworld is about 40% interesting to me compared to an Underworld jam. Also, there's about 90 minutes of download MP3's from 99-era studio jams that was on the old UW site. It would be great to get these in better-than-128kbps-MP3's.

3. STTI : I don't need to hear 8 different live versions of "Nuxx". One full show from the tour would be a lot more interesting. Also... can't the full shows be released ?

4. BF : whole bunch of circulating studio material (such as "Ricks Bungalow Mix" of Snake, and "Dobropret") not on the release, and its also incomplete as one of the Italian Snake mixes is missing. Especially when discs 3+4 fall far short of 80 minutes.

Really, where I'm going with this is we want as much unreleased original Underworld content as possible, and as little repetition or endless third party remixes.

Last edited by markreed; 09-07-2017 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
Old 09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
mickstafa
river

Dubno by far has been the best re-release. Simply, each disc is very listenable on its own.

I'd much prefer getting unreleased material or live shows over 3rd party remixes or an entire disc of remixes of the same song. I feel like I can put on any disc from the dubno box set and listen to it through. The other box sets' discs aren't all like this (I'm looking at you, NUXX and BF remixes!)