Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:33 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: 2015-03-06 London - Hyde and Price
Hearing tracks live for the first time - brilliant. Anybody clamouring for mass-improvs hasn't been paying attention to their gigs since Dazza left - since then they've been processional live. This was all about dubno, and apart from not adding Spikee to the encore, they delivered. Atmosphere was the best in years as well. The downside? Pulling it off without Rick really makes it a bit of a Wizard of Oz affair...
Old 03-09-2015, 02:20 PM
twicezero
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper101 View Post
Also the version of mmm...skyscraper they did on the second night in 08 was possibly the best version I ever heard. Rick brought it out of nowhere, and completely amped up the b-line.
2007? Or do i have missing stuff?
Old 03-21-2015, 09:40 AM
amhilde
mouseman

Hi - new to the forum, but I was at this show and its one of those shows that has just stuck to me in a confounding way. Been listening to Underworld since 96 but as an American I didn't have a chance to see them live - in fact I never had seen them before Friday. Almost missed this gig too if I hadn't seen the notice in Time Out!

I thought the show was great and Karl was fantastic to watch, but damn the crowd pissed me off. Soooooooo much chatter, jerks getting beer and then heading to the bathroom, idiots standing around little backpack teepees because who knows why. Agree that while it was great to hear the album, in this instance with this band and this type of music, its perhaps not the best format. I still had a great time but I think it could have reached higher heights - maybe having Rick there, maybe less jerks, maybe a less restrictive format. I did plenty of partying in fields in the 90s to Orbital and co. and know how great it can be to get a blinding set, so I was a little disappointed. I will admit that part of it was probably my fault for standing in No Man's Land 10 rows of people back rather than mooshed right up at the front like I would normally have done for a show like this, but I had banged my knee badly earlier in the week and it really needed some space.

So now I am hooked, as I thought I would be, and am checking upcoming gigs to get another hit, hopefully a better one this time. Berlin is on my birthday, which would be a wonderful present. Likelihood that it is a "free" set and not the Dubno line up?

Finally - glad to have found an online forum for this group! Always makes finding out new/more information helpful.

Last edited by amhilde; 03-21-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:36 PM
whatmakesustick

Not being funny, but the guys were playing a show (Billed as a dubno show) on a Friday night at a sold out Hammy Apollo in their home town (ish). You should have expected beer (toilets normally follow), talking and errr...dubno. Again not being funny but it's a pitty you could not make the hyde show at Union chapel - great intimate chilled out show.

Anyway, great you finally got to see the guys.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:03 PM
amhilde
mouseman

Naw, that's fair - a misalignment of expectations perhaps First time at that venue too so I wasn't real sure what to expect, and while I really liked the venue itself, I suppose I underestimated the crowd's reaction/involvement.

I now live here permanently, and while I moved over only last year, it certainly would be fantastic to at least be aware/catch the shows, whatever they may be, as they come up. I was gutted last fall to find out I had missed them at RFH and thrilled they had announced additional shows for March. Now they are on my radar more permanently, and I hope to maybe lurk a bit more on here to see news as it happens. Christ, I may even do the Facebook!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:27 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhilde View Post
So now I am hooked, as I thought I would be, and am checking upcoming gigs to get another hit, hopefully a better one this time. Berlin is on my birthday, which would be a wonderful present. Likelihood that it is a "free" set and not the Dubno line up?
I think it's likely that the festival shows (starting in May) will not be Dubno live, but we won't really know for sure until the first date.