Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
markreed
mouseman

Dear Underworld / Shop...
When 1992-2002 came out I was baffled at the lack of a DVD ... my copy of "Kiteless" was worn thin and isn't much cop as a VHS tape now. Now with "1992-2012"... why isn't there a DVD release? It's been 10 years - 12 actually - since UW released an official full length available outside of Japan DVD.

And, on that note, when the dickens is "Live At The Roundhouse" CD/DVD coming to the shop? I don't want to order from Japan or pay £30 on Amazon for it.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Mike
born013

Re: Dear Underworld / Shop...
Don't get me started on the missed opportunities for the uw shop. So much stuff they could sell with so little effort. Underworld would have nothing to loose in making their back catalogue, or even some of the recent live shows available in lossless.

Specifically regarding DVD, i would understand the reluctance to do anything of that nature since they would probably be making a loss. Thats probably why they have played it safe for the latest Anthology CD releases.

And with the Roundhouse gig, i presume the rights to the recording are owned by Apple or ITV.. Anyway whoever owns it, my guess is that there is a combination of complicated legal issues, lack of resource and lack of money to make certain things available.