Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Badger
pants

F.A.O Karl & Rick: TONIGHT New Years Eve Sydney
I know it's a bit late for requests but i thought i'd throw in a couple of ideas anyway.

You don't know how much i'm looking forward to tonight, it's been 5 years since i've seen Underworld live (last times were Big Day Out 2003 and Somerset House in London 2003). That's the problem with immigrating to Australia...you can't see your favourite band as much as you used to!

Well would just like to put in a couple of ideas for the set tonight. I know it will mainly be a "greatest hits" set as you only have an hour and a half (bloody blasphemy if you ask me), it's Sydney and it's New Years Eve but i hope you throw a few old/unexpected tunes in too.

New Train - This has to be played tonight. Dark Train is a massive tune out here in Australia and it always gets played in clubs and always lifts the roof off when it does. This would be a great way to open the set too. Plus with the sort of end that the Oblivion Ball version had, that was incredible.

Spikee - Would love to hear this, even if it is just the 3 min mini interlude, especially as i was the first person to ask for it to be brought back live a few years ago here in these forums and i haven't had the chance to hear you play it live yet. (Apart from hazy memories of some early Megadog gigs).

You Do Scribble - This is a great tune live and would be great on Bondi Beach.

Rez - I'm sure Cowgirl will get played but PLEASE add some Rez to it too. Rez is still my all time fav Underworld tune.

MMMnnn Skyscraper - Haven't heard this in an absolute AGE and do love this.

Spoonman - Having heard this from the Live CDS recently i would love to hear this again.

Always Loved A Film - The future all in one tune

Born Slippy NUXX - This is sure to be played (and possibly be the midnight tune) but please add Monkey Wink to it. That has been sounding great the few times that's been added to it live recently.

I know not all of these wil be possible but i am going to the Gold Coast Summerfielddayze too on Saturday by myself to see you again so if a couple of these get done there that'd be awesome.

As i said you may not even read this as i put it up so late but anyways, tonight is gonna be great no matter what you play. So have a good day and i'll be getting my dancing shoes on....
Old 12-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Bargo
pants

Re: F.A.O Karl & Rick: TONIGHT New Years Eve Sydney
Hope you have a great time. That'd be a great setlist to hear.

Rick and Karl.. if you've got the time, swing by my place in Canberra.. it's just a couple of hours out of Sydney. I'll cook us up some curry!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Badger
pants

Well i'm pretty bloody happy right now. Just got home from the gig last night and wow! I got almost everything i asked for!

Now i know the chances of some of these being played anyway was possibly quite high but for the inclusion, near the end of the set, of A FULL 10 MIN VERSION OF SPIKEE!!! That got my attention and makes me believe that they did get to read my post.

If this was the case then, THANK YOU KARL, RICK & DARREN. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Is there any way anyone from the Underworld camp can confirm or deny this?

Looking forward to Saturday at the Gold Coast now (and hoping that New Train, Mmmn Skyscraper and possibly Always Loved A Film might get played on that gig)
Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Vancouver
river

enjoy the gig, Badger. Very jealous!