Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:13 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Re: 2017 THREAD Orbital are back! Whatever happens will happen again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
Monsters Exist... oh, I dunno, I feel like there's a better album in there, with a bit of a shuffle around, and a couple of longer tracks. Paul reckons people don't have the attention span to listen to long records these days, and yet the one consistent criticism of the last four albums has been that the songs are too short! Daft bastard. Buried Deep Within ends just as it gets going, which disappoints me every time I listen. The End is Nigh sounds like The Chainsmokers. And Brian Cox can fuck off. Transport a couple of tracks from the bonus disc over to replace them (I'd say Kaiju, To Dream Again and the Coxless closing track) and you've got an album that's genuinely the equal of their first four. As it is, the 3CD HMV deluxe version is still excellent value and a bloody great album, it's just a shame about those little niggles that stop it being the album it should be.

I pretty much agree with all this - it feels like you're getting a lot of bits and pieces of epics, but not the full story. Once you really take in all the bonus tracks it's clear there's a brilliant 50-55 minute album in there...but you kinda have to dig it out yourself. "Kaiju" is so great, I can't imagine why that didn't make the main disc...
Old 02-28-2019, 11:10 AM
iamneorev
pants

BURIED DEEPER WITHIN/IMPACT (THE CURSED EARTH MIX)
12" RECORD STORE DAY 2019

Limited edition double A-side club 12' ' on white vinyl, gloss sleeve with an embossed stripe. Includes two previously unreleased remixes, both done by the band. On one side ' Buried Deeper Within' , a remix of a stand out track from Orbital' s 2018 album ' Monsters Exist' . On the flip, a remix of one of their all-time classic tracks ' Impact' (the original is on their revered second album from 1993).

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2019/orbital/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52849971_2038229926224971_6552419565819658240_o-1.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	433  
Old 10-17-2020, 04:47 AM
robotusch
mouseman

Probably already noted by more avid users, but Orbital / Paul Hartnoll has been uploading some very early live gigs, with a brief intro/outro detailing the circumstances and anecdotes from the period. Some pretty good stuff in there:

Synergy London, February 1990. First "proper" Orbital gig , supporting The Shamen.

PowerHaus London, 19th April 1991.

Fun Da Mental tour Netherlands 1992.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:57 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Yeah Matt (Badger) has been re-packaging these for offline listening too. Check the Orbital google group. Its got lots of soundboards.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:56 AM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
ORBITAL 30 REMIXED COMING IN 2019, NEW ALBUM IN 2020

Fact Magazine shared a video of Paul Hartnoll showing off his studio and live rig and there is some interesting information if you pay attention to the whiteboard on the wall. I took some screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

Remixer list:

It reads...

ORBITAL 30 REMIXED

UTAH SAINTS
BICEP
APHEX TWIN
CHEMICAL BROTHERS
UNDERWORLD
LEFTFIELD
PRODIGY
DAVID HOLMES
VINCE CLARKE

Now only Bicep has a check mark by his name, so possibly he is the only one who agreed at the moment or he is the only one who handed in his remix. I guess we shall find out in 2019.

Orbital studio/live rig video:

Orbital mentioned wanting their peers to remix classic tracks as well as re-recording tracks to be closer to their current live incarnations for Orbital 30...

“It’s our 30th anniversary next year, and there’s nothing concrete yet, but we would like to do an ‘Orbital 30’ album — and we essentially want to get a lot of our peers to do remixes of our classic tracks, and we want to record our tracks how we play them live now, because they’re very different from when we first recorded them because the way we improvise live sort of rearranges the structure of the song,” Hartnoll says. “When we play ‘Halcyon’ live, we don’t even realize how different it is from when we first recorded it, almost like it went through a game of Chinese whispers."

“Next year, 2019, will be more of a celebration for us,” Hartnoll adds, “and for 2020, my vision is that we will have another album out.”

Source:
http://www.sfweekly.com/music/orbita...lLk8jfqgD2JzRE

Tracks Orbital are re-recording:
This is a great example of why bands shouldn't announce things until they're confirmed. All we've had since then are a couple of goofy collaborations and some TV soundtrack work.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:44 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
This is a great example of why bands shouldn't announce things until they're confirmed. All we've had since then are a couple of goofy collaborations and some TV soundtrack work.
Clearly coronavirus changed things and stuff got pushed things back. 2020 is The Prodigy's 30th anniversary and they've seem to push things back until next year. Radiohead were supposed to do a Kid A 20th anniversary this year too. Who knows if that is coming now. Coronavirus fucked up a lot of plans.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:59 PM
purlieu
enofa

Given that it didn't really have any dramatic effect in the UK until spring 2020 (and even then, Orbital played live well past the point most bands started cancelling gigs), I can't see how Covid would have affected their 2019 plans.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Well, this one's going to divide the forum...

Orbital's "Belfast (ANNA Techno Remix)":
Old 11-14-2021, 08:36 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

It almost sounds like the remix has the .nuxx outro kick drum in there! Keep expecting Rick to bring in some more sounds

uw0006
Old 08-01-2022, 02:59 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0019cc8

guest hosted a radio show and played some new stuff + some selections from "Thirty-Something". its all edited down but so it seems like they've found their rave side again