Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 PM
purlieu
enofa

Re: Wishlist - Beaucoup fish deluxe boxset
Pretty much confirming this, a newsletter about the Dogboy dates went out earlier. If this was going to be coming in three weeks they'd definitely have mentioned in there. Wonder what happened...
Old 10-28-2016, 03:59 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Who knows what happened...but, I'm also okay with the delay. The Dubno box was special because it was 20 years on and saw R &K back on tour to revisit their past and reignite the creative process. For me, the STITI deluxe set was a little less special, for one because it wasn't the 20 yr anniversary, so its release felt rushed; two, it's actually not my favorite UW album, and the whole disc of Born Slippy was a bit much ( though the outtakes are great). Beacoup Fish is my favorite record and I eagerly await the arrival of the box set, but I'd prefer it with a little fanfare, not diluted by the remaining tour dates and Dogboy release.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:32 AM
iamneorev
pants

I figured it was a bit much to release a new album and Beaucoup Fish super deluxe set all in one year. So I figure it is probably just delayed until next year. There was zero mention, so it makes sense. Perhaps they want to make sure it is special.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:50 AM
mark3
pants

I guess the release of the Beaucoup Fish deluxe set and the gigs in March are gonna coincide.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:09 AM
purlieu
enofa

Makes you wonder where the November 18th date came from, and how it got out as far as Amazon!
Old 11-18-2016, 12:48 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
...the whole disc of Born Slippy was a bit much ( though the outtakes are great). Beacoup Fish is my favorite record and I eagerly await the arrival of the box set, but I'd prefer it with a little fanfare, not diluted by the remaining tour dates and Dogboy release.
I saw the 11/18 release date as well posted on another forum. I didn't take it as official since nothing was posted on Underworldlive.com or here. I for one am hoping for a much more significant release for Beaucoup Fish Deluxe. This LP was pivitol for me as it was during this tour I got to see UW play live for the first time. The show at the Santa Monica Civic center is still one of my favourites!

I agree with holden on the Born Slippy disc (although it was welcomed with open arms), it was a little bit too much. There's is so much material & remixes for the Beaucoup period, so I'm hoping the box set will be filled with additional goodies; i.e; Birdstar & D'arbly Street Slow...
Old 11-18-2016, 04:37 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
And nothing against Underworld...been on their side since 2000. But hey, let's do the BF boxset right!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Dino3D
pants

BF vinyl:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/under...ish/630139-01/
Old 12-08-2016, 02:34 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

To be released in a week?? We'll see about that...

Edit: It is of note that the catalog number is UWR 73. The Ova Nova single is UWR 82. Also the other re-releases weren't released on the UW label, but on universal music instead. I wonder why the delay of BF, too close to BB? Maybe too close to STitI, which already was a little underwhelming as a release as compared to DNBWMHM? More work to be done on it?

Last edited by jetpig; 12-08-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:19 PM
purlieu
enofa

Hmm, I'll believe that when I see it. It doesn't seem to have turned up anywhere else.
Closed Thread