Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Hybrid - Disappear Here
God this is good!

Much stronger songwriting, and if it's possible, even more bombastic production than previous Hybrid outings. Not a bad track on it, this album really could push Hybrid out of the 'obscure but good' category into the mainstream, while the first single "Break my soul" is so epic it would make Trevor Horn blush, it's not all that accessible. "Original Sin" on the other hand, is passionate, catchy, accessible, bombastic, and dance-floor tough... it honestly sounds like a number 1 single to me.

Tasters of all tracks, plus free download of the first single: http://www.disappearhere.info/

The only downside is there's a limited to 100 copies vinyl remix version that can only be won in a competition, so I'm reduced to hyping a click-through widget to be in with a chance of getting hold of it. I hate myself for doing this but if you buy the album, please do it through this link http://www.lxnen.com/disappearhere

Anyway, this is my favourite album of the year, so far by miles, and I think will give Kattoo, Schnauss and Underworld a run for their money.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:35 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Hybrid - Disappear Here
Glad that you like it - i'm looking forward to hearing this as well.

"Wide Angle" was such a strong debut, clver mix of symphonic sweeps and hard breaks. "Morning Sci-Fi" had its moments, too - they'd gotten it down to a formula. But there's a fine line between having a distinct sound/style and redo-ing it/treading water. For me, Hybrid's last LP "I Choose Noise" was definitely of the latter. So i am reallly hoping this new one is something fresh.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Hmm, I liked a lot of 'I choose noise', but I do know what you mean. I agree with Hybrid's own comments on this one though, new member Charlotte James does a lot of the songwriting, and makes this more of an album of songs rather than an album of beats which may or may not have a few bits of vocal thrown over the top. It's more cohesive, and directed - but maybe not as danceable. It's still got that Hybrid sound, of course (and if anything, they have got better at it), but that's not all it's got.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:10 PM
bas_I_am
vision

Definitely not a dance album.

Much better than "I choose noise."
Darker... your term 'bombastic' is fitting.

Worth buying
Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Got this going through my Zune pass...well worth searching out for a listen. Seems familiar but an inspired effort. Really got into they mix album 'Soundsystem 01' from late 2008.

Jason
Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
This album is fantastic. They just seem to reach in and fondle a special part of my brain with each album. It's moving, energetic, beautiful, dark, cinematic, slamming music.

All music talk aside I really love the mix/mastering on this album. Whoever mixes and masters their tracks always makes them sound great, and it's especially true here. I can crank this album up to 11 and leave it there nearly the entire length of the album without it hurting my ears. Everything just sits where it's supposed to in the mix while the dynamics (drums and basslines) slam like their supposed to. LOVE IT!