Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: 2010 Setlist + 2011 Next Tour Songs
Seen UW 6 times and they did it in the encore during the Barking tour. Knew it was coming, but still a wonderful song done live.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Maboul59
mouseman

Is main square festival 2008 the only show where Ring Road was performed ? If so it seems like I attended the only known performance of Ring Road !
Old 07-19-2011, 04:21 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

There was a report of it being played in Mexico that same year also. However, it wasn't a regular part of the setlists that year, and without any Youtubes or audio recordings to back up either one, it might have been song misidentification.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:43 PM
ThingInABook
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by undarrenworld View Post
Yes, it blew me away in 2008 gig in Prague, Electronic Beats Festival.
They played it and it was very special moment for me! Very special.
i was pretty lucky too! they played cherry pie and rowla here in santiago too i was shouting "HOLY FUCK IT'S CHERRY PIE" and everybody gave me these "oh we have a fangirl here" stares haha.

it was awesome cos roadies deployed the noodle inflatables just a song before cherry pie (that being AHDO)
Old 07-23-2011, 09:22 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
Luetin in Central Park, NYC sounded terrible, sadly. Something was wrong with it -- something technical.

I haven't counted, but I think I've heard Dirty Epic at more than half of the 13-or-so shows I've seen. I've heard Pearl's Girl much less. PG is not one of my favorite album songs, but is way up the list in live versions.

what's funny - is that I was at that NYC show as well, but I don't remember Luetin sounding off... I do however, remember Rez/Cowgirl being a bit "off" - like they had troubles "getting into the groove" so to speak...

that's crazy you've heard "Dirty Epic" so many times. I've seen it twice. The first time was at the Hammerstein Ballroom (at least I think that's where it was - I could be confusing venues) in New York during the AHDO Tour... back then it was still very much a "rarity" - at the time, I only knew of them playing it once before (during that weird tour to support EE just after Darren left). But then after that they played it a few more times on the later legs of the AHDO Tour... then of course as an encore during the Barking Tour.

The second time I saw them play "Dirty Epic" was in Glasgow just last year.

I know I've seen "Pearls Girl" at least once (same show as NYC during AHDO), but I can't remember where else I've seen it. I just recall that back then - it was a shorter, more 'punchy' version than i was expecting.

I also lucked out and got to see "Juanita" during the Hollywood Bowl show during the OWB Tour

although - I've never seen "Confusion the Waitress" or "Banstyle" which I've always wanted to see live
Old 07-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post

although - I've never seen "Confusion the Waitress" or "Banstyle" which I've always wanted to see live
UW starting with CTW when I saw them in London was a mega surprise.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

I kinda miss the jams in that song... they were always so incredible. Possibly the best of any of their songs in terms of live jamming.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

(you mean "Confusion the Waitress" right?)

yea - they always seem to add really cool things within that specific song
and it seems to always meld really well with other songs too... like "Born Slippy" (original and NUXX), "Pearls Girl" and um... wait I feel like there was more than those three
Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

I'm gonna spend some time today to map out the setlists from the shows i've seen just to see which songs ive seen and which most. gonna be fun!