Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Liam
too cool for scholastics

would you believe...
Second Toughest in the Infants was released ten years ago today!!!

This is incredible. Electronic music still seems so young to me and yet looking back it already spans decades. Second Toughest always sounds so fresh, not just part of electronic music history but a timeless article. Ten years old!?! I can hardly believe it.

Congratulations to Karl, Rick and Darren for still being there a decade later. I asbsolutely love the new download releases and I can't wait to hear the next album.

I love ya!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:41 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: would you believe...
wow - yeah 10 years...

time flies when you're making decent music...
Old 03-13-2006, 04:58 AM
beavis14996
river

yeah, for me it's the one of the greatest electronic albums ever recorded!!
now playing ---> banstyle / sappys curry
Old 03-13-2006, 05:05 AM
beavis14996
river

i still rembember that my older brother gave me STITI cd which he bought in berlin, it was at the end of 1996, i was only ten years old....
after ten years i still love this album, underworld are masters of this style
Old 03-13-2006, 07:57 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis14996
i still rembember that my older brother gave me STITI cd which he bought in berlin, it was at the end of 1996, i was only ten years old....
after ten years i still love this album, underworld are masters of this style

ahhh those were the days bfore mp3's

it came out on cassette too...which nothing does anymore...

at least its still fresh sounding...
Old 03-13-2006, 08:19 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I can remember the day I bought it. I got it on double vinyl from Spinadisc in Coventry. Seems like a long time ago tho. Was on the day of release...
Old 03-13-2006, 08:59 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Well, I only bought the CD two years ago, so it doesn't mean much to me...

But, when Beacoup Fish reaches 10 it will! I remember back in the day, I had a paper route, and a long one too, so it would take me roughly the length of one CD to finish it. I didn't have many CDs...a few of my Dad's which I liked, and then You've Come a Long Way, Baby and Exit Planet Dust which I bought after hearing that funk soul brother song on TV and thinking the music was really cool. I think it was amazon.com that recommended me Underworld, and I bought "the fish" and listened to it like, at least twice a week. And I never looked back...

Well, maybe I did. I kind of lost track of them after that, only to download a few tracks via some filesharing service in 2002, hearing the live Rez/Cowgirl and Two Months Off and realizing that I had totally forgotten about these guys!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Wow, i was only 10 when it came out.

Amazing that it still sounds so fresh to other albums that have dated over time.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Jan
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
Well, I only bought the CD two years ago, so it doesn't mean much to me...

But, when Beacoup Fish reaches 10 it will! I remember back in the day, I had a paper route, and a long one too, so it would take me roughly the length of one CD to finish it. I didn't have many CDs...a few of my Dad's which I liked, and then You've Come a Long Way, Baby and Exit Planet Dust which I bought after hearing that funk soul brother song on TV and thinking the music was really cool. I think it was amazon.com that recommended me Underworld, and I bought "the fish" and listened to it like, at least twice a week. And I never looked back...

Well, maybe I did. I kind of lost track of them after that, only to download a few tracks via some filesharing service in 2002, hearing the live Rez/Cowgirl and Two Months Off and realizing that I had totally forgotten about these guys!
almost same story here...
But my first Underworld CD was a burned copy of Everything, Everything back in 2000 or 2001 when i was only around 11 years old.
I listened to it every day and it became my favourite album (not very hard because it was my first real album).
Early 2004 i read something about 'Beaucoup Fish'... then i discovered that they had released AHDO and the anthology and i didn't notice it.
Of course i bought those CDs immediately (and an original copy of EE).
Now in 2006 i have all the albums, (almost) all singles, some promos and even some really rare stuff...
I've never understood why they don't get more attention here in Germany.
Maybe because the majority of Germans think 'techno = Scooter'?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

you were 10? and you were 10? boy do I feel old.

Ironic that you guys mentioned the 10 year anniversary...I was just thinking the same thing. I can remember watching Trainspotting hearing the sound track and the only trac that REALLY REALLY stood out was Dark Train (which wasn't on the original sound track). I went out and bought STII and instantly fell in love. I later tracked down Dubno... but the rest is history...

cranK!