Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2019, 11:48 AM
saintrik
temperature drops

Twist (Music Bank Jam Take 7)
New download to the UW mailing list:

“I was there… I'm trying to cast my mind back to 2005 and the sessions at Music Bank by the railway tracks in SE1. I can't remember why we were there… rehearsal for upcoming gigs perhaps or were we trying to capture some of the tracks from 100 Days Off in their live shape? What I do remember was we recorded loads of versions of Twist live, straight off Rick’s Midas H1000 into an 8-track portadrive...

...Listening to them today they range from reconstructed live jams hardly recognisable as the original album version to faithful renditions of the aforementioned track or long takes that rise and fall over the course of 15 minutes or more, overdubbed with wild guitar solos. The version you are listening to here falls into the last category and is pretty close to the way it was played live at the time; maybe slightly longer than you've heard it performed unless you were in the audience at one of those special nights where Karl was channelling the spirit of Gregg Allman or Dennis Coffey and Rick just didn't want the music to end.”

- Steve Hall

Stream 'Twist (Music Bank Jam Take 7)' Now
Download 'Twist (Music Bank Jam Take 7)' Now

Last edited by saintrik; 03-14-2019 at 11:56 AM.