Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > bound.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:59 AM
myshkin
mouseman

Life of Insects, by Victor Pelevin
A work of genius. Just re-read it slightly fearing it'd be weaker than remembered but instead it's better than thought. Pelevin the only writer that nmakes me gasp with amazement.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: Life of Insects, by Victor Pelevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin
A work of genius. Just re-read it slightly fearing it'd be weaker than remembered but instead it's better than thought. Pelevin the only writer that nmakes me gasp with amazement.
funny you mentioned this. i just pulled out omon ra to the top of my to-be-read pile

- Mark Twain

Last edited by Strangelet; 05-22-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:37 AM
myshkin
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet
funny you mentioned this. i just pulled out omon ra to the top of my to-be-read pile
Sorry bout the delay; been away for a bit. Pelevin such an individual writer & he can admittedly be a bit hit-and-miss, and I must give it another look, but Omon Ra I wouldn't place in the higher bracket of his stuff. Though my edition of it has a long short-story included, The Yellow Arrow, which I thought was superb.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Be on the lookout for someone who has a grudge against cool cats and beautiful birds.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin
Sorry bout the delay; been away for a bit. Pelevin such an individual writer & he can admittedly be a bit hit-and-miss, and I must give it another look, but Omon Ra I wouldn't place in the higher bracket of his stuff. Though my edition of it has a long short-story included, The Yellow Arrow, which I thought was superb.
funny you mentioned this. i recently kinda put omon ra back down the pile a few books.

- Mark Twain