Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > world.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Strangelet
rico suave
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lost in a romance
Posts: 815
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
One other thing I think should be addressed is that marriage is a religious institution, not a state one or civil one or federal one or whatever.
I'm calling bullshit on this. what is your source? What have you read and can cite that can support this claim? You're conveniently forgetting the massive economic and political vectors that have shaped the institution of marriage. Ever read a jane austin novel?

I've never once heard about marriage as a way of getting helpless women out of harm, and i've heard lots of stories about marriage being power strategies between families. And sometimes even love.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
but I would say one of the best arguments against it would be to say it's not necessary
You're the one not reading posts, mate.

Gay marriage is the holy grail, no, the emancipation proclamation for gay people. Nothing else will give them an equal status.

Spelled out.

1. marriage is a public ceremony. A covenant is created between the couple and society. The couple accepts certain expectations of behavior from society (IE not fucking other people's spouses), and the couple is given certain privileges from society.

2. homosexuality lacks social acceptance as a form of coupling.

3. gay marriage therefore is the public acceptance of their coupling and therefore of being gay categorically.

QED
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."

- Mark Twain


Last edited by Strangelet; 07-23-2009 at 10:59 PM.
  #202  
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 925
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Needless to say I disagree with a lot of that, but I'm not going to post anymore in this thread since you people are obviously trying to get me to debate against something that I do support, so I'll just leave it at that.
  #203  
Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Sarcasmo
apocalypso
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The state is called "Denial"
Posts: 123
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarcasmo
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Hey, we never asked you to play devil's advocate on this topic. You're the one who popped off at the mouth and then got reamed by half the members of the forum. If you're butt-hurt and want to take your ball and go home, that's fine, but don't blame it on us, bro.
__________________
You dodged a massive fucking bullet, man. The really huge Super Mario kind with the eyes on the side, where you had to run and duck into the little divot to avoid shrinking. You did that. You got into that divot, and you're still super sized, and you can break blocks with your face. Now get out there and step on some fucking turtles!!
  #204  
Old 07-31-2009, 11:05 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 925
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasmo View Post
Hey, we never asked you to play devil's advocate on this topic. You're the one who popped off at the mouth and then got reamed by half the members of the forum. If you're butt-hurt and want to take your ball and go home, that's fine, but don't blame it on us, bro.
Yikes, all I was doing was showing how you can be against gay marriage and not be a hateful person who beats their wife...the fact that nobody challenges that is worrying to me. I don't exactly call it a reaming because I actually agreed with most everything that was being said, but whatever. No need to be a total prick about it, is there? Seriously, get over yourself.

Last edited by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j; 07-31-2009 at 11:11 AM.
  #205  
Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,527
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
hahahahaha.

Quote:
you people are obviously trying to get me to debate against something that I do support
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  #206  
Old 07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Sarcasmo
apocalypso
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The state is called "Denial"
Posts: 123
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarcasmo
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
Yikes, all I was doing was showing how you can be against gay marriage and not be a hateful person who beats their wife...the fact that nobody challenges that is worrying to me. I don't exactly call it a reaming because I actually agreed with most everything that was being said, but whatever. No need to be a total prick about it, is there? Seriously, get over yourself.
Dude, you missed the mark completely, and you're so in denial you don't even know it.
__________________
You dodged a massive fucking bullet, man. The really huge Super Mario kind with the eyes on the side, where you had to run and duck into the little divot to avoid shrinking. You did that. You got into that divot, and you're still super sized, and you can break blocks with your face. Now get out there and step on some fucking turtles!!
  #207  
Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 1,437
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
Yikes, all I was doing was showing how you can be against gay marriage and not be a hateful person who beats their wife...the fact that nobody challenges that is worrying to me.
I don't recall anyone saying that everyone who's against same sex marriage is a "hateful person who beats their wife". The point about abuse was simply raised as something that's actually a threat to marriage yet relatively ignored by those who pretend to be protecting the institution's sanctity, unlike same-sex marriage which has been vanquished through such nobel legislation as the "Defense of Marriage Act".

I think the predominant feelings on the part of people 'round these parts is that a significant percentage* of those who oppose same sex marriage do so out of some level of homophobia and/or flat out bigotry - and frankly, as this thread has shown, I think it's difficult to prove otherwise.

* note - that's "significant percentage", not "all". Just seemed like it might be necessary to reiterate that detail.
__________________
Download all my remixes

Last edited by Sean; 08-01-2009 at 01:00 AM.
  #208  
Old 07-31-2009, 11:40 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 925
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasmo View Post
Dude, you missed the mark completely, and you're so in denial you don't even know it.
explain? what exactly are you accusing me of?
  #209  
Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: THE PLAsTIC VOORRTEEXXX!!!
Posts: 3,569
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32405543/ns/us_news-life/


See guys, THIS would have been soo much more acceptable. You dumb gay people. Man! I'm having fun talking shit about everyone!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008-05-27-jeffs.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	231   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeffs2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	232  
__________________
8=====)~~(=====8

  #210  
Old 08-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Sarcasmo
apocalypso
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The state is called "Denial"
Posts: 123
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarcasmo
Re: is there anyone else who is pro-life AND pro-gay rights, or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
explain? what exactly are you accusing me of?
The fact that you're still trying to focus on my tongue-in-cheek description of a marriage means you're totally missing the point. Yes, I made up a fake marriage wherein the father is abusive and, though I never said it, also against gay marriage. The point was NOT that anyone against gay marriage is a hateful person who beats their wife. The point was that there's so much wrong with the "traditional" institution of marriage, that no one has the right to now claim it as sacrosanct and off limits to someone else. I mean, we let people get married by Elvis impersonators, for fuck's sake, so again, what right do we have to deny marriage to anyone? We cannot, on one hand, treat marriage like a joke, and then turn around and say that gays getting married will somehow tarnish this most holy of institutions. This "Fags Not Allowed" policy is motivated by fear and prejudicial opinion. Period. The fact that we tie in so many State benefits to marriage makes the denial of gay marriage unconstitutional.

You say that you agree with gay marriage, but all of your arguments are against it. If you were just playing Devil's Advocate, you did a crap job of it and we can just leave it at that. However, I suspect that you DON'T actually agree with gay marriage, and you're simply not very good at articulating your points.

And, yes; I'm a grumpy prick. Sean is the polite one. I'm more of the hot-head. If you want someone to pat you on the head and tell you it's going to be alright, Sean's your man. I got over myself many many moons ago, and I got over other people earlier than that. I call 'em like I see 'em, and I'm not going to walk on eggshells around someone that I've never met in my life. It's called "Tough Love," and if it stings a little, well...
__________________
You dodged a massive fucking bullet, man. The really huge Super Mario kind with the eyes on the side, where you had to run and duck into the little divot to avoid shrinking. You did that. You got into that divot, and you're still super sized, and you can break blocks with your face. Now get out there and step on some fucking turtles!!
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.