Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > bound.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:25 PM
myshkin
mouseman

Improving Literature
I'm thinking of writing some high quality literature so as to improve our public's stagnating minds. One plot that suggests itself:
A lowly factory girl overcomes obstacles to patent her own labour-saving device & marry the local lord after his decadent, foreign wife dies in a mining accident.

Sample paragraph
Dolly looked at the crouched figures trudging miserably towards the colliery; their blackened, simian features seeing only the muddy ground beneath their heavy feet. The godly sphere of the sun was not to be met by their defeated eyes.
Her rosy cheeks positively burned with indignation. "If I can only perfect my as yet vaguely imagined labour saving device so as to prevent the factory owners having to pay these ignorant fucking monkeys... my future may indeed be a fortunate one."

A later episode
The knife plunged one last time into Lord Snigsby's corpulent body. He stared into Dolly's mocking eyes. Only now did he realise how mad she truly was.

Some more imnproving literature:

"Mr President."
The President looked up inquisitively, alerted by the unusual strain of emphasis in Jones' rich, baritone voice. "Yes, Jones?"
"The Belgian ambassador is on the phone."

That's as much as has been composed but I know it's good.
A later fragment of the same work:

"Long time, Bono."
"I'm a busy man, Pres. So are you. We're men of the world. We understand each other."
"So we do, Bono. So we do. And that, I dare say, is our damnation."
"A man's got to make choices, Pres. And he's got to live by those choices. I didn't get to be the biggest rock-star in the world by sitting on my proverbial, did I?"
"I don't suppose you did, Bono."
"You can bet your ass I didn't. And you didn't get to be President of the goddamn United States of America by sitting on yours. Anyway, here's two tickets to next week's Corporate Rock Multi-Media tour. It's gonna blow your goddamned American mind."
Bono loved saying 'America.' It seemed to him that his very self expanded with the mere utterance of the sacred word.

Other improving thoughts posted at
http://wwwinabstentia-andrewk.blogspot.com/

Last edited by myshkin; 08-17-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:44 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Re: Improving Literature
Then Bono takes over America and turns it into Bonerica where peace, love, and zooropa rules the land. The End.

With the descriptive first paragraph, I'd reccomend you try some poetry. Keep it up.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 PM
myshkin
mouseman

Nothing can stop the all-American Irish nuclear fuelled rock-star.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Techno_Bunny
born012

[COLOR=Indigo]nothing can stop bunnies!

(i think i'll regret this post in the morning )
[/COLOR]