Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:31 AM
grady
fac321

Inside Man
Saw the new film from Spike Lee this evening, Inside Man. I was going into the film expecting to like it just from the cast of Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster, Christopher Plummer and Clive Owen, esp. Owen. To top it all off it was a new film by Spike Lee, and a very different film from Lee than we've seen before with him working within a larger studio film budget as well as a genre piece. Though it still carries the title card, A Spike Lee Joint in the opening credits.

The film really worked for me and is very clever in it's dialog and structure, but didn't have that feeling of being too clever for it's own good that you seem to encounter from time to time in films. The clever nature didn't seem to draw attention to itself. Added to all that, it looked wonderful(It was shot by Matthew Liabotique) and at many times felt and sounded like a homage to old films from the 70's. It even included mention of Dog Day Afternoon and Serpico by characters in the film.

I didn't have the ending figured out either and was pleasantly surprised too with how it wrapped up. Also there were even a few nods to Spike Lee's previous films via some props in the film that were quite amusing to see.

It's worth a viewing if you're looking for something this weekend at the cinema.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:58 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Re: Inside Man
Thanks for the confirmation. Other than DaVinci Code, this is the only other film so far(2006) that has really got me jonesin' for some good cinema. Can't wait to be awe struck tomorrow.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:33 AM
super_smart_movie_guy

Wow what a good movie, I spoil movies because I was breast-fed till the age of 22.

Last edited by Tom; 04-17-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 AM
rocket_man_superspaceship

I spoil movies because I have no genitals.

Last edited by Tom; 04-17-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:04 AM
adam
blue

First of all, that is revealing too much. Can we have that post moderated with <spoiler> tags, please?

Second, you're an asshole.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:20 AM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
i liked it, borderline a lot. But then again I am not the biggest fan of Spike Lee and tend to like his stuff best when he's dealing with genre or seeming to sell out. Summer of Sam is my favorite of his and really the only one besides Inside Man that I tell people I actively like.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:56 AM
adam
blue

I find I never really regret seeing a Spike Lee movie, but I wouldn't really praise the 25th hour (or 24th - whatever) or She Hate Me too much. But, like I said, I did enjoy them.

Inside Man I loved, because I love heist movies, and I felt this one was well done and original. I think he accomplished something neat that I can't really talk about without spoilers. It was fun.

Summer of Sam I adored. Hugely underrated. I suspect most people who disliked it suffered from expecting a thriller about the murders themselves, which is definitely wasn't. I wish my local video store had it - haven't seen it since the theatres.

They don't have Clockers, which I've never seen, either. Stupid Rogers Video.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:28 PM
super_smart_movie_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
First of all, that is revealing too much. Can we have that post moderated with <spoiler> tags, please?

Second, you're an asshole.
I'm very sorry. Perhaps we could have some tea and scones?

Last edited by Tom; 04-17-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:45 PM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_smart_movie_guy
Wow what a good movie, ...
so yeah, I guess I'm not going to see the film now because someone spoiled some important information for me.

Thanks alot.

Next time have some kind of spoiler warning please!

Last edited by Tom; 04-17-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:43 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_smart_movie_guy
Hi i suck
maybe there should be a sticky about when to use spoilers on this forum... so we don't have to have this debate over and over again.

Last edited by Tom; 04-17-2006 at 05:09 PM.