Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:21 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

OK - now I am an official Wii owner...
I love the sports pack so far, but what are the best rpg's for this?

Bear in mind I am not a blood-and-guts type of gal, and I have never really played console games before, although I have watched my son play many... of his games, I like things like Splinter Cell, for example.

Any ideas what I should be looking for?
Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM
matt
old man einstein

Re: OK - now I am an official Wii owner...
you definitely have to get Zelda which is one of the best RPGs ever (and not a blood & guts type one either)

you'll probably also very much enjoy Super Mario Galaxy which is simply one of the best games ever

i've also been very much enjoying Zack & Wiki lately which is an insanely addictive point & click puzzler and will really stretch those brain cells and is full of loads of 'eureka' moments as you finally work out how to solve a particular puzzle

and i'm also very much looking forward to taking Mario Kart Wii out for a spin - it only arrived yesterday and as we also had a new baby arrive last week I haven't had a chance to play it yet but look forward to challenging some fellow dirts for a race in the not too distant future...
Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 PM
ceramic'cow
mouseman

Ok, firstly - new baby. awesome. congratulations, and good luck and all of that.

But also:

GET MOTHERFUCKING MARIO KART WII

it's brill, and the online racing is wicked fun. much more brutal than the single-player so far - my girlfriend nearly threw a tantrum after getting beaten right before the finish line - but loads of fun.

other than that, zelda and mario galaxy (which is also utterly fantastic) I can't really think of any must-own Wii titles. Excite Truck is good, but probably superseded by Mario Kart now.

There's Super Paper Mario which, I believe, is a more traditional style of RPG than Zelda's action style. Other than that, not really sure.

You could always download A Link To The Past off of the virtual console.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Heh.

Resident Evil 4 is cracking fun.

Zombies, angry peasants waving flaming torches, blowing up brains, random groaning, sexy women wandering around the set for no apparent reason, snarky boss type guy with evil chuckle, science projects gone badly wrong.

It'll be just like a day at work Jaynee - except of course you get the blow seven shades of shit out of pretty much anything that moves.

I've got Tiger Woods Golf 07 - and that's quite enjoyable - quick round before dinner and all that - then a gin and tonic on the couch.

Pick whatever relaxes you most.

- S. Colbert
Old 05-17-2008, 11:18 PM
gambit
magic city writer

I've played Okami for the past month (without doing all the side quest stuff), and it's been awesome. It's very much like Zelda, and that's a good thing. I'd also check one or both of the Rayman games for silly multiplayer fun.

I may be in the minority, but I was a little underwhelmed with Mario Kart at first. Granted I haven't played it much, but I dunno.