Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2008, 06:10 AM
mondokat
mouseman

Distribution question for the band
I know underworld reads this, so I thought I'd post a question to them (although you dirties are free to respond, as well).

Basically, I was wondering what Underworld thought of the fact that every time there is a radio show, someone rips it, splits it into individual tracks (or leaves it as a big mp3 of the whole show) and posts it somewhere for download. Obviously there is a huge demand for these things to be distributed in a more static fashion (non-streaming).

Why doesn't underworld post the listen-again's as mp3's instead of streams and save us all a step? I understand there's bandwidth to be paid for, but if the rtsr tracker is anything to go by, bittorrent isn't an issue for most dirts, so underworld could just host a tracker and be done.

Is there some sort of legal re-distribution issue with the third party music?
Old 06-19-2008, 06:32 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Re: Distribution question for the band
sssssshhhhhh... don't ask that! they may send the RIAA after us!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

yeah Underworld, i mean, sure you give us tons of free stuff but can't you make it easier for me to get it? can't you have danielle hand deliver the stuff directly to my door? i like your music and all, but this clicking on links thing is just one step over the limit for me.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 AM
mondokat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
sssssshhhhhh... don't ask that! they may send the RIAA after us!
Underworld must have cleared the distribution with legal before putting it on the listen-again. I just don't know if there's a distinction between the stream and the mp3. Is there an agreement that's been made? Or is the whole radio show on the down-low?
Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 AM
mondokat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
yeah Underworld, i mean, sure you give us tons of free stuff but can't you make it easier for me to get it? can't you have danielle hand deliver the stuff directly to my door? i like your music and all, but this clicking on links thing is just one step over the limit for me.
Hardy har.

It's more than clicking a link to get this stuff on your ipod or through a restrictive proxy server. The only reason I bring it up is there seems to be a demand.