Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Rabbitwork
river

Re: 2010-10-30 - 4th and B, San Diego
i didn't go (because i opted for HARD, still stings) to the fox theater show but i have the bootleg of that performance and iirc UW played for about 2 hours, even though they were scheduled 90 minutes.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 AM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Pig Rise View Post
...Oh how I wish I would have simply paid for the plane ticket to Oakland to see UW at the Fox!
That makes two of us! I'm glad it was set up for video stream though! I connected my iPhone and enjoyed the show from my big screen TV. That was cool! But it was certainly a let down that the Forum gig was shut down...

Quote:
...we can all be “stoked” (you out-of-towners might hear that round here – it’s Surfer for “ecstatic”)
I haven't heard that term in ages! I'd say it's up there with Rad and Bitchin'!!!

Quote:
what is this VIP seating (I have standard general admission)
The VIP seating was offered during the pre-sale. There are some box seats behind the floor and this is the area. It's close to the bar. I believe these sold out pretty quick as the section is rather small.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Rise Pig Rise
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitwork View Post
i didn't go (because i opted for HARD, still stings) to the fox theater show but i have the bootleg of that performance and iirc UW played for about 2 hours, even though they were scheduled 90 minutes.
Very good info! I had no idea how long they were scheduled for, and it's great that they went over half an hour. The only thing that scares me that the same thing might not happen here is that the Bay Area may be a little more wonderfully liberal when it comes to music, particularly toward the legendary Underworld. (I did watch the Fox show via the stream that night, which was particularly well executed.)

RisePigRise.com
(Nothing much there yet, but...)
Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitwork View Post
UW played for about 2 hours, even though they were scheduled 90 minutes.
The boys are coming out here all the way from the UK, that venue better let them play for 2 hours! Take no less R & K!!!

2 more days! 2 more days!!!
"in the dark with the lights off. concealed. i'm thinking of you still..."
Old 10-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Rise Pig Rise
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradave View Post
That makes two of us! I'm glad it was set up for video stream though! I connected my iPhone and enjoyed the show from my big screen TV. That was cool! But it was certainly a let down that the Forum gig was shut down...
Ugh! I can't even tell you, man. Most of the crowd there was so very not, well, I don't want to sound elitist, but may I say "evolved"? (And I mean that strictly in a spiritual/mental way, obviously.) I would have loved to see Beetroots too, and they didn't get to go on either, if memory serves. (And I barely missed my beloved Crystal Castles, as I think they were playing as I waited in those obscene lines to get in.)

The crowd seemed so cool at the Fox. I watched the stream, too, and I thought the cast was brilliantly done! "Beautiful Burnout", in particular, annihilated my face.

I really, truly love OWB. Best UW album title ever, too. Musically, it's not my very fave, however, as there's no way I could ever choose between ST, BF & DN. While on the topic, though, would anyone besides myself have preferred that the original title for BF stuck ("Tonight, Matthew, I'm Going To Be Underworld")?

Quote:
I haven't heard that term in ages! I'd say it's up there with Rad and Bitchin'!!!
Hah! Yes, I'm afraid many Surfer terms aren't terribly imaginative, but I suppose they do the job. Cross the pond, my fave UK slang so far has to be "cocker spaniel", as it can mean "one's lifetime", right?

Quote:
The VIP seating was offered during the pre-sale. There are some box seats behind the floor and this is the area. It's close to the bar. I believe these sold out pretty quick as the section is rather small.
Right, thank you for that. All I care about is being in the front, up against the railing. I'm not sure how early I'll have to get there for that, but I'm thinking it could be early as 4p..

But what about this meetup? I'm especially interested in meeting anyone from outside the States. Ran into a really lovely guy from Wales, I think, at the Forum "show". (He even looked like Rick, so the whole night I was just kind of fascinated by the resemblance.)

Oh, and does anyone know if Yannick and/or King of Snake are still around? I think Yannick is Canadian, and KoS Dutch, perhaps? And particularly Scott Warner, obviously. Didn't he say he was going to the San Diego show? I've never actually met Scott..

RisePigRise.com
(Nothing much there yet, but...)

Last edited by Rise Pig Rise; 10-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
darktrain