Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:16 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Re: Beaucoup Fish - 4 CD Remastered Deluxe Box Set (8/25/2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
In relation to all the Kittens discussions going on, Darren Emerson once told me that Kittens was effectively "his track". Might go some way to explaining why it dated differently to the other tracks if it was developed more as a DJ friendly track. Just a thought.
This sort of jibes with my interpretation of the track. It's Emerson vs. Smith.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:11 PM
pandamagic
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
In relation to all the Kittens discussions going on, Darren Emerson once told me that Kittens was effectively "his track". Might go some way to explaining why it dated differently to the other tracks if it was developed more as a DJ friendly track. Just a thought.
Ah, that makes sense then. I've always been more of a Rick than a Darren. More of a Barrel of a Gun Soft Mix than a Barrel of a Gun Hard Mix.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:07 AM
ceramic'cow
mouseman

I haven't been on here in ages. I've had a lovely time reading all of your complaints, broadly agreeing with them, and simultaneously enjoying the new boxset.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:31 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

The Kittens = Darren revelation just made me think of something...

Five Points = Darren? Could explain its absence?
Old 08-30-2017, 04:18 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
The Kittens = Darren revelation just made me think of something...

Five Points = Darren? Could explain its absence?
That was my point/question earlier in the thread, does anyone know whether Darren had any input with the re-issues or any say on what could or could not be included? Are the extra tracks just R&K's? Are there others Darren was involved with that won't ever be released?

I would be very surprised if Five Points was Darren's, the music sounds a bit like Headset to me and I'm sure it must be Rick's tune.

Now Rowla must be Darren's, I'm sure I remember reading there were problems with putting together STITI and which /who's versions of tracks to use: Surely Rowla was Darren's and Cherry Pie was Rick's? Sorry if this point has already been discussed!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 08-30-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:32 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
Now Rowla must be Darren's, I'm sure I remember reading there were problems with putting together STITI and which /who's versions of tracks to use: Surely Rowla was Darren's and Cherry Pie was Rick's? Sorry if this point has already been discussed!
The live shows have tended to favor Rowla over Cherry Pie, so I've always assumed Rick had special fondness for it. According to the STITI credits in the reissue, Darren has co-writing credit on these tracks only: Juanita/Kiteless/To Dream of Love, Banstyle/Sappys Curry, Confusion the Waitress and Pearls Girl. Even Nuxx is credited to Rick and Karl alone.

After the split I remember reading interviews with Karl where he suggested that Rick was more responsible for the banging tracks than people would expect, so it's probably unwise to make assumptions.

As for Five Points, it doesn't sound too out of place next to Emerson and Sasha's Scorchio single from way back when...
Old 08-31-2017, 05:27 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

huh, never considered that 5points may have been heavliy Emerson and thus, not fit to include.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Sorry, I had these tracks years ago, but my archive is a bit of a mess. Can someone point me in the direction of which live shows had 5 Points & Cape Ffuno?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 09:33 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadevil View Post
Sorry, I had these tracks years ago, but my archive is a bit of a mess. Can someone point me in the direction of which live shows had 5 Points & Cape Ffuno?

Thanks
Cape Ffuno was in the "Blue Mountain Jam" and it also reappeared later... I think during that tour just after Darren left (but maybe before AHDO?)

5 Points was played at "Hugo d.Nite" A-Hoy; Rotterdam, Netherlands ... and at a show in LA at the Mayan Theater

It's anybody's guess as to why "Five Points" wasn't included... I mean, if they actually do release a deluxe edition of "Everything Everything" there's a slim chance a live version might be included?

I'm still hoping that it might show up on the deluxe edition of AHDO (again - that is if they're making one - do we know if they're making special editions of every album?) ... as I think there's some of "Two Months Off"'s DNA in that track
Old 08-31-2017, 11:22 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
It's anybody's guess as to why "Five Points" wasn't included... I mean, if they actually do release a deluxe edition of "Everything Everything" there's a slim chance a live version might be included?

I'm still hoping that it might show up on the deluxe edition of AHDO (again - that is if they're making one - do we know if they're making special editions of every album?) ... as I think there's some of "Two Months Off"'s DNA in that track
I'm happy to buy as much Underworld material as they can release. If they did continue with EE and AHDO then by the time they got to Barking, that record would be over ten years old and suitable for a special edition.