Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 AM
crazysugarboy
pants

Re: Knebworth Setlist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake
nice shots crazysugarboy, what cam are you using?
btw also was cool meeting you, even if only for a short bit at the end of it all. I'll be over again for the london gig for sure though
Many thanks King of Snake It was good to meet you too. All the pix were taken on my mobly phone - a Sony Ericsson K750i with 2 mega pixel camera. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else in October @ the Roundhouse
Old 07-04-2007, 11:47 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

article here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,1...300409,00.html

Quote:

UNDERWORLD (live): By far the highlight of the festival the British duo opened with material from their new album, Oblivion with Bells.

They were welcomed with roars of approval by the rammed Renaissance arena which showed no signs of the Ejekt Festival in Greece where anarchists, armed with CS gas, iron bars and baseball bats stormed the event leaving Rick Smith injured.
Karl Hyde was magically dressed in a sparkly gold bingo style suit jacket and his live vocals had the crowd loving every minute.

They played Cowgirl and Rez fairly early and ended with Jumbo. This was a truly special performance which made Wild in the Country memorable.

Killer tune: Born Slippy (of course)
Rating: 9/10
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

wtf is up with that picture... rick looks deformed?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

I guess it's partly the way he's looking and the shadow on the right that looks like it's part of his head.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
wtf is up with that picture... rick looks deformed?

he's trying to simulate the AHDO baloon
Old 07-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Jamiel
Jamiel

Ten years on from my last pure dance festival (Tribal Gathering '97) and apart from Underworld I was pretty disappointed.

This is probably more me not moving with how the dance scene has changed.

I loved the Underworld set, but as others have said it seemed short after four hours of Sascha & John Digweed.

Slightly disappointed there was no 'River Run' material, but it was a short set, and they did a lot of crowd pleasers. 'Kittens' was my highlight, such a hard and blasting pure techno track.

As for the festival, I know it was not such a big event as the Tribal Gathering was, but there just were not enough live bands, nor enough variation in the DJs. No 'Chill Out' tent, so you could relax a bit before going back for the next dance session. I know the weather didn't help with this, no lying on the grass just letting music wash over you from the nearest tent.

At the Tribal Gathering I had to leave a couple of bands early to get into the tent for the next band I wanted to see, at 'Wild in the Country' there just came a couple of hours of waiting for Underworld, with no variation in the acts to pass the time.

I thought Sascha & John Digweed were great for the first hour, but then the set seemed to be padded to fill a too longer time.

As I said this might just be me not moving with how dance has become far more DJ oriented than live bands, but I don't think I would bother going to another pure dance festival unless more live acts were playing. I prefer seeing DJ in a club, and can move on when I have had enough.

Really looking forward to the tour, no waiting hours for Underworld, hopefully longer and more experimental sets, a new album of material to hear, roll on November.

Jamie