Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:19 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Drop #3 - Cowgirl Limited Drop
https://store.underworldlive.com/col...l-limited-drop

*COWGIRL Limited Drop*

Cowgirl is a thunderstorm cracking right over our heads, creating power enough to light the night sky.

It’s like weights have been cast off and inhibitions lost in a mighty, unstoppable release. It’s both a possession and a conversion at once, a moment of total surrender.

The Cowgirl Limited DROP is now available in the Underworld Store, including a Limited Edition 2021 'Cowgirl' 180gsm heavyweight 12" vinyl, alongside new tees, sweats, tote bag and a reprint of the poster for Underworld's legendary 1994 London Astoria show.

All items ship 26th March 2021.

SIDE A: Underworld - Cowgirl (Remix id2 A1804)
Recorded and Mixed at Lemonworld, Romford (1993)

Sometimes, before records arrive at their perfect point - all compact, tight and bright - they’re allowed to stretch their legs fully in order to explore their own perimeters. Mixes are carried out live, they journey around the edges of the mixing desk, following a note to see where it leads.

This previously unreleased version of the 1993 single Cowgirl is such an experiment in sound. Mixed live a few weeks before the final version arrived, this is an expansion of familiar sounds across nearly eighteen elastic minutes. It is both a chance to understand a working process and a killer piece of music in its own right.

SIDE AA: Underworld - Rez/Cowgirl (Live at Reading Festival 1996)
Recorded live at Reading Festival, Reading, United Kingdom (25th August, 1996)

It’s the last night of the festival, still warm and the sun has just set over the site. For the crowd, it’s one last push, the last gasp before reemerging in the real world the next day.

Underworld take to the stage. They’re returning from a whistle stop tour round the world’s forward thinking music festivals, and anticipation in the tent is already palpable; an exodus from the main stage is stretching out the edges in every direction.

By the time the band finally pause for air, the crowd are levitating. Karl has explored the upper reaches of the lighting rig like a deranged steeplejack. Condensation rains down from the top of the tent on a mesmerised audience. Rick starts to eek out a sequence of disconnected notes that slowly evolve into Rez, which in turn transforms into Cowgirl.

If on record the song’s lyrics seem oblique and mysterious, in this tent they are commandments, directions, a secret language shared by singer and audience. In this moment, everyone’s invisible together.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:45 AM
negative1

Re: Drop #3 - Cowgirl Limited Drop
yup, got the 12 inch.

lots of interesting things with this release.

later
Old 02-26-2021, 05:08 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Pricey for a 12” but purchased.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:56 AM
StrangeLastName
river

Yeah, pricey for sure, but I feel a little better about it knowing there's around 18 minutes of music per side.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:13 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

oh my gosh there's finally a shirt I want at the worst possible time for my wallet. that everything, everything tee is making me feel things.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:44 PM
negative1

well, it looks like the 12 inch sold out.

or did time run out. probably not, since the rest of items are still there.

later
Old 03-01-2021, 04:23 AM
Drix
Re-Member

I grabbed the Everything Everything tee this round.. still checking my account for a round two.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:57 PM
saintrik
temperature drops

Ordered the vinyl - despite the sticker shock after shipping to the US.

One thing that would definitely sweeten the deal would be the inclusion of a lossless download with the purchase.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:54 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

i grabbed the 'i'm invisibie' tee. love the Rez tee and so far it hasnt shrunk at all.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:55 AM
negative1

i'm not sure why people are talking about the price of the vinyl, or the shipping.

maybe because i buy a ton of vinyl from discogs from all over the place, its seems about the same to me.

this is the first one i've bought from the underworld store. were the others cheaper?

maybe because its a limited edition, it costs a lot more to press limited runs, or maybe taxes.

didn't phase me though.

later