Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:45 AM
philth
Sounding Like A Chainsaw

2016-06-05 Forbidden Fruit Festival - Dublin, Ireland
Underworld just announced for this festival in Dublin city in June.

http://www.forbiddenfruit.ie/line-up-2016/
Old 02-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: Forbidden Fruit Festival, Dublin, June 3/4/5 2016
Will be there.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Forbidden Fruit Festival, Dublin 05/06/2016
Just creating this after the fact because it doesn't seem to be listed in here at all.

It was a typical set for both the recent setlists and a festival combined. About 1hr 25mins with no real surprises or mixing between tracks. The most notable thing on the night was the absence of Rick and so Darren Price was in as the understudy.

Karl referred to the absence during the gig and said that something was "ailing his body". There was also a lovely reflection on how King of Snake was written on stage in Dublin.

Setlist as I remember it - I am unsure of the order (I think I might be close) but I am sure that this is what was played:

I Exhale
If Rah
Dark Train
Two Months Off
Ova Nova
Nylon Strung
Jumbo
Push Upstairs
King of Snake
Low Burn
Rez
Cowgirl
Born Slippy .NUXX

The crowd at the festival was quite young and drunk. Not the best vibe throughout the day but often as happens when that is the case they are not around for the final act either because they have burnt out or at some other "more hip" act. So by the time the lads were 2/3 songs in the atmosphere was just right and everyone was having a good time.

Seemed like Darren and Karl enjoyed it. There was a great celebratory feeling by the end and the sent everyone home happy.

Personally would like to see more variance and expression in terms of the music... no mixing or experimenting... all very predictable. And it surprised me in no way that Darren was able to just stand up and do the job himself as so much is automated now.

The trade off however is that the sound and mix was perfect - it sounded fantastic for a festival performance and sound setup. The mix was extremely deep and complex and just wiped the floor with all of the other music that came before it. Still I would like to trade that for a bit of the unknown and the chance that something could go wrong.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:27 AM
philth
Sounding Like A Chainsaw

Re: 2016-06-05 Forbidden Fruit Festival - Dublin, Ireland
Really enjoyed the gig. Was disappointed Rick couldn't be there, that's two of my last 4 shows where he hasn't been on stage, but I hope he's resting up, getting well, taking care of himself.

It struck me that what we were hearing was basically Everything, Everything live, plus tracks of the new album. The arrangements were almost identical to EE. And, while I miss the old improv days, EE is my most listened album ever after Dubno, so I was pretty happy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGT8m3VNjv0/