Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Leon
bungalow

F.E.A.R.
Now that I've got an Xbox 360 (and bought Halo 3, GTA 4 and F.E.A.R.), I've been playing FEAR a lot. The creepy parts aren't even as creepy as I expected, but still manage give me chills sometimes. The action, however, is amazing. I'm almost always low on health after battles (also knowing that after them, there are plenty of health kits most of the time) and everytime I have to repeat a battle, it's always different! The AI is awesome.

Anyway, I'm a proud owner of a 360 now (they're extremely cheap now) and enjoying it very much. Gonna get my Xbox Live going next month when I have money again.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Jan
vision

Re: F.E.A.R.
This game is ten times more creepy than 'western' horror games like Dead Space or Doom. Still haven't played the full game though, I couldn't play 10 minutes before breaking down in tears.
uw#0523
Old 12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
This game is ten times more creepy than 'western' horror games like Dead Space or Doom. Still haven't played the full game though, I couldn't play 10 minutes before breaking down in tears.
Hahah yeah I guess you're right. I haven't played Dead Space yet, but I'm planning on buying it when the price has somewhat dropped (It's a single player only game)(I'm a student).
But the thing is, I was scared by a friend of mine, who said his younger brother couldn't play the game without him being in the same room :P Because I can play the game by myself, but it is really scary indeed. Actually the moments where nothing happens (and you expect something to happen) are scariest. Also, the sudden sound effects creep me out.

What also helps, is playing it on a 32" LCD tv, with stereo sound, at night time with the lights turned off I sometimes play GTA4 afterwards to "cool off" :P
Old 12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Wubwubwubwub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
FEAR is a 'western' game too, though. I'm not sure what kind of angle you're getting at.

FEAR is fun because you can kick dudes. That's about it, IMO. The sequel looks to be shaping up nicely, though.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubwubwubwub View Post
FEAR is a 'western' game too, though. I'm not sure what kind of angle you're getting at.

JAPAN HAS COPYRIGHTED SCARY DARK HAIRED LOLI GIRLS DIDNT U KNO>