Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

New techno collaborations from Vince Clarke and Marin Gore (of Depeche Mode)
http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=15288

Looks very promising considering the great remix that Vince Clarke did for Depeche Mode's 'Behind the Wheel' this year.

-jason
Old 11-21-2011, 11:24 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Re: New techno collaborations from Vince Clarke and Marin Gore (of Depeche Mode)
Sounds MASSIVE

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0068MN0PQ
Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: New techno collaborations from Vince Clarke and Marin Gore (of Depeche Mode)
VCMG is the new techno-inspired project from Depeche Mode member Martin L. Gore and former Erasure/Yazoo/Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke.

"I've been getting into and listening to a lot of minimal dance music and I got really intrigued by all the sounds," says Clarke. "I realised I needed a collaborator... so it occurred to me to talk to Martin." The resulting project is going under the name VCMG and represents the first time the pair have worked together since 1981, when Clarke was a member of Depeche Mode. "Out of the blue I got an e-mail from Vince just saying, 'I'm interested in making a techno album. Are you interested in collaborating?'" recalls Gore. "This was maybe a year ago. He said, 'No pressure, no deadlines,' so I said, 'OK’."

The collaboration was reportedly realised remotely, with Clarke and Gore sending each other parts back and forth via email. Leading up to the as yet untitled album (to be released in spring 2012), an EP, EP1/ SPOCK, that will feature remixes from Edit-Select, Regis, DVS1 and XOQ, an alias of Californian producer Überzone/ Q, who mixed the VCMG album.

Tracklist
01. Spock - Album version
02. Spock - Edit Select Remix
03. Spock - Regis Remix
04. Spock - DVS1 Voyage Home Remix
05. Spock - XOQ Remix

EP1/SPOCK will be released via Beatport on November 30th, and will be avialable vai all other digital platforms on December 12th, with a 12-inch following on December 19th.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Has anyone heard Vince Clarke's collaborations with Martyn Ware (ex-Human League/Heaven 17)? They did 2 albums a few years ago AFAIK...
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Any idea what it was called? I don't think i knew.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
undarrenworld
bungalow

This sounds very promising!
Also thanks Stimpee for inspiration, I will look at it.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:35 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
i was very, very into late80's early 90's Depeche Mode and Erasure when i was younger. When i was 12 or 13 i was into in bands that made the type of music i tried to make on my Casio! :P

Kind of lost interest in both over the past couple decades, particularly Erasure, though DM still had/has a few banging tracks.

I am curious in hearing how Vince Clarke's decidedly more cheery brand of synth-pop meshes after all this time away from M. Gore's somewhat more edgy sounds.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:41 AM
reactorstudios
Ken

Clark and Ware released two albums as The Clarke & Ware Experiment.
The first, Pretentious, was commissioned for a '3D' sound installation at an institution that's name I cannot recall. It's a lovely bit of sleepy ambience. I'd place it in the same camp as Moby's (Voodoo Child) Baby Monkey, though it is perhaps a bit more complex and considered. Sounds wonderful on headphones.
The second album, Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle, has so far bored me. It continues in the same vein as the first, but lacks the magic that makes the first one work well.
Another side project of VC's worth checking out - though it is extremely cheesy, campy disco - is his work as Family Fantastic: Two albums that are somewhat difficult to find these days.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:36 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/vc...fork-exclusive

http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/vc...gis-remix-fact

http://soundcloud.com/muterecords/vc...ck-regis-remix
Old 11-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Holy crap 'Spock' is incredible. The remixes are great, too. Thanks for the links, 'Crank'.
Saw this link via Pitchfork, which just contains pretty what we already know.
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/12824-spock/

Jason