Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
shocking that the Olympics allowed a band with the name Fuck Buttons to be on the soundtrack.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
Already number5 in the album charts
Old 07-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

How does the iTunes top albums charts work? Is it daily or for the week? On the US iTunes page, it currently says 11th, but it had got as high as 7th from when I was looking. Which is pretty impressive for what is basically a double CD of music.

-Jason
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 PM
bas_I_am
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Saint View Post
http://http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?...fiegRbTg&gl=GB

Simply breathtaking a modern masterpiece
'
Im sorry. . whats this link supposed to be?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:46 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

It's been number 1 on the iTunes UK Album chart for the past 2 days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...=entertainment
http://www.examiner.com/article/olym...s-album-charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas_I_am View Post
'
Im sorry. . whats this link supposed to be?
It's just "And I Will Kiss"
Old 07-29-2012, 05:59 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

So, interesting discovery I just made. "Caliban's Dream" is based on "Dawn of Eden" from Frankenstein, as its foundation. If you listen carefully to the choral part in the background (for example, from 2:10 to 2:40), and to the soprano part (Esme's singing, starting at 4:18 and again at 6:34), it matches "Dawn of Eden".

Elizabeth Roberts, Esme, and Rick

Esme and Elizabeth
Old 07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
It's to open a show with a 1-billion person global audience - 'bombast' is pretty-much a PRE-requisite. It worked a treat.
that logic doesnt really follow, but ok

i think my other post got deleted
Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

@Troy McClure Have you found a solution to your problem. If you have I'd be interested to know what the cause was. I've never got anything off itunes but I thought all the files were AAC. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that because they have been purchased from Itunes they are protected to play with only apple products i.e itunes, ipod, iphone etc.
@negative1 Yes it is odd but that was the problem. Can you provide a reliable online source regarding the music conversion thing. This is news to me.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Found an article here regarding 'Caliban's Dream' with quotes from Alex Trimble, the male vocal singing lead. Alex in particular has some positive comments for Rick:

"I'm really proud of the performance. I have so much respect for the team that put it all together. Danny always made time to sit with me one on one and go through things and see how everything was going and with Rick we worked one on one too. In the studio, on the phone, it just felt so personal. Not like something that's gone out worldwide! I'm sure it'll take a few months for the reality to fully sink in", said Alex Trimble.

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.a...&nItemID=54792

-Jason
Old 07-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milking Your Plastic View Post
@Troy McClure Have you found a solution to your problem. If you have I'd be interested to know what the cause was. I've never got anything off itunes but I thought all the files were AAC. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that because they have been purchased from Itunes they are protected to play with only apple products i.e itunes, ipod, iphone etc.
\.
No I haven't yet. I have a 120GB Zune player. All of the files minus 'Rez' transferred just fine to it. The odd part was that 'Rez' plays perfectly fine on the laptop through all the different audio players I have. I'll keep searching though for a solution.

---Jason