Re: Compilation 2011
another week, another bump!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:04 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Ok, another week without any contact.

Folks, please let me know if you're at all interested in contributing to a compilation. It need not be released this year (in fact, that seems very unlikely given the low level of interest and submissions), but if you're sitting on some almost-complete tracks, please let us know if you'd like to contribute.

Looking through the archives, since 2002, there have been dirty compilations/remixes every year. During and before that, there was a string of UW remixes/mash-ups on this site. I'd like to keep the string alive. But as said, we're just not getting the feedback this year. Should we scratch the tracks? Several producers have been very generous and have spent a lot of time working on tracks and artwork to contribute. We could release what we have, but i know there are many more producers amongst the ranks...
Old 12-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

I have a stack of university deadlines approaching, and can't devote much time to music-making right now... in early January I'll have lots of time to polish off things though.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 AM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

Holden,

Can't we just release it in January? I mean, the productions are all from 2011, so I don't see any harm in that.

Maybe this will trigger some of you: if you deliver some techno / electro tunes I will send them to Dave Clarke. How is that for exposure? We only need to make a soundcloud account where we can upload the 'album' or I can use my own.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 AM
reactorstudios
Ken

I am using a week's worth of vacation days to sit in my studio from January 2-6 and crank out some tunes for just this purpose. I need to get reacquainted with my studio. It's been a busy, non-musical, year.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Ok, another week without any contact.

Folks, please let me know if you're at all interested in contributing to a compilation. It need not be released this year (in fact, that seems very unlikely given the low level of interest and submissions), but if you're sitting on some almost-complete tracks, please let us know if you'd like to contribute.

Looking through the archives, since 2002, there have been dirty compilations/remixes every year. During and before that, there was a string of UW remixes/mash-ups on this site. I'd like to keep the string alive. But as said, we're just not getting the feedback this year. Should we scratch the tracks? Several producers have been very generous and have spent a lot of time working on tracks and artwork to contribute. We could release what we have, but i know there are many more producers amongst the ranks...
I'll have time to get something wrapped up and submitted early in the new year, but until then, I'm just way too slammed with other stuff I need to do. I'm also waiting to get vocals back on the specific track I'd like to submit from my friend Julie. Once I have them, I can forge ahead pretty quickly as I know exactly what I want to do with the track to finish it up.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I know exactly what I want to do with the track to finish it up.
Good luck indeed!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:21 PM
holden
collateral damage

Happy 2012, Dirties!

Anyone have some tracks they've completed over the holidays?

I will become very busy in the next few weeks, so i would like to compile and complete last year's comp. within the month.

cheers,
Holden
Old 01-16-2012, 06:34 PM
holden
collateral damage

Anything? This is making me very depressed.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Mike
born013

Don't let it make you depressed. You put in a lot of work for this each year, but despite your best efforts to pull this together, it looks like there are too many contributors who are just not able to commit due to other stuff.

It is an excellent project, but perhaps just accept that the 2011 compilation is over... you could do a mini EP with the tracks already submitted, consider it the 2012 EP. And then look forward to the next one, which could start momentum in July / August and it could be finished in time for the start of 2013.