Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 02:25 AM
europium
river

Re: VOTE DIRTY: Dirty Beatport Remix Submissions: voting period is 2nd-16th November
Nice post dude, it's all a good learning journey. Thanks for your review of my remix I take it all on board, good or bad. Was that a TR606 drum machine on your remix?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 AM
timsk
meet the uncles of wise

Re: VOTE DIRTY: Dirty Beatport Remix Submissions: voting period is 2nd-16th November
Jolly well done to all the quality Dirty mixes out there, a thoroughly respectable showing and yes, a shame that quite a proportion of the top ten don't appear to be 'legitimate'.

Hopefully the Beatport editorial staff will do a half decent job of finding the quality in there and give Underworld a properly representative selection to listen to (and not just the skewed top 10).

Thanks for the reviews for my effort, esp. reactorstudios and LX.

I've had a punt at the Devo (What We Do) contest now, I'd be grateful for some opinions (and spins!) for my entry which can be found here (it's the Uncles of Wise Blacklisted Mix):

http://www.beatportal.com/remix/deta...acklisted-mix/

Good luck all the Devo entrants! (New thread for Devo Dirty mixes perhaps?)

ttfn,

Mr Tim

Uncles of Wise.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 AM
reactorstudios
Ken

europium, most of the percussion is a 909 mangled by the PX64 Percussion Strip in Sonar. The kick is Frankenstein.

I missed out on pulling a Devo remix together, so I'll have to catch the next competition. Let's definitely get a thread started for the two Devo mixes, though, as I will certainly be following along and would love to know which tracks are attributable to dirties.

reactor.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Buji
mouseman

Hi guys,

Just a quick thanks to anyone who gave me some spins/comments, really appreciated.

Also well impressed with a lot of these dirty mixes, really hoping some of us get heard by Underworld as that's the best part of the prize, surely!

All the best fellow dirts.

Jez.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:38 PM
lowbit
future pundit

Can someone more familiar w/ Beatport give us a rundown on how these contests usually play out? How long does it usually take for the finalists/winners to be announced?

Definitely have my fingers crossed for a few of the excellent Dirty remixes to make the cut!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Well, this is my first one, but there's an update from Beatport on the rules page...

"Update: Due to an overwhelming amount of entries we have postponed our winner announcement to December 6th, 2010. Stay tuned for the lucky winner."

The other competitions seem to have their lists of finalists released anywhere from a week before the winner is announced to a week after.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Beatport have just made some... ahem... 'adjustments' to the spin counts, and things are looking a lot more honest now. The worst offenders lost over 300 spins.

No official word on the official top 10 yet (or the additional 10 picked by staff to be judged), but from a poke around the google cache of the now deleted voting page, and a bit of cross-referencing, I *think* only 3 of the original top 10 are still there after the recount.

It looks to me like we actually have 3 dirts into round 2 by right, instead of none before. By my reconing, I'm 4th, joined in the top 10 by Marshall Watson in 7th, and the Uncles of Wise in 10th, with Dunwho just 1 vote behind in joint 11th (so if any dirts reading this didn't vote, kick yourselves now!).

Last edited by Lx_Nen; 11-29-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:58 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

That is good news!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:24 AM
vflow
defrosting machinery

Excellent.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
thanks dude.