Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
crazysugarboy
pants

peach tree jam
Does anyone else agree with me that this is one of the best tracks u/w have released? It is from the Misterons live broadcast and is now on their myspace page. I cannot stop playing it! Not only is "Peach Tree" one of my fav u/w tracks - it is also from the utterly sublime "I'm a Big Sister.." ep - a piece of music that takes the listener on a journey from a very dark and sinister pine forest with too many memories, along a crystal encrusted river, and finally to the enchanted forest and out into the light - and indeed beyond, to the other place "the back of the world" (does anyone else remember the bbc 1 series of programnes "Tales from Europe" - magical, surreal, dark, and scary fairy tales?) This is such a faaaantastic version, with Karl playing guitar like the legendary Steve Hillage while Rick and Darren add improvs and drum fills - wonderful!!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Jan
vision

Re: peach tree jam
I wholeheartedly agree. This is a great version, I love the acid bassline that really stands out here in comparison to the studio mixes.
A strange thing I noticed is that when I listen to this track I have to think "pink". Just like Jumbo is "yellow". I also love the name: "Peach Tree", it sounds very nice. I wonder if there is a story connected to this title.
uw#0523
Old 01-19-2008, 12:04 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Peach Tree is definitely one of my favourite uw tracks of recent times.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:33 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysugarboy
Does anyone else agree with me that this is one of the best tracks u/w have released? It is from the Misterons live broadcast and is now on their myspace page. I cannot stop playing it! Not only is "Peach Tree" one of my fav u/w tracks - it is also from the utterly sublime "I'm a Big Sister.." ep - a piece of music that takes the listener on a journey from a very dark and sinister pine forest with too many memories, along a crystal encrusted river, and finally to the enchanted forest and out into the light - and indeed beyond, to the other place "the back of the world" (does anyone else remember the bbc 1 series of programnes "Tales from Europe" - magical, surreal, dark, and scary fairy tales?) This is such a faaaantastic version, with Karl playing guitar like the legendary Steve Hillage while Rick and Darren add improvs and drum fills - wonderful!!
What a fantastically eloquent description. And I agree entirely. It really is a masterpiece of composition.

As for Tales from Europe - was that the series in the 70s with stories from eastern Europe in their original language with an english narrator/interpreter? I have vague memories of that as a child, mostly involving elves, princesses, and lots of icicles and snow-scapes, for some reason.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Some great live things going on on their myspace as well.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:42 AM
crazysugarboy
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
What a fantastically eloquent description. And I agree entirely. It really is a masterpiece of composition.

As for Tales from Europe - was that the series in the 70s with stories from eastern Europe in their original language with an english narrator/interpreter? I have vague memories of that as a child, mostly involving elves, princesses, and lots of icicles and snow-scapes, for some reason.
Thanks Janie And yes, that was Tales from Europe, the most well known being "The Singing Ringing Tree". There was also a beautiful version of the Snow Queen.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Flywaver
vision

The version of Peach Tree on the Crocodile single is 12mins 35secs is it longer on Boy,Boy,Boy single? Also the Misterons Live Broadcast version with that lush Guitar so reminds me of Pink Floyd.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:44 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

On "Boy, Boy, Boy" it is also 12:35. However, the mix is different, with parts coming in and going at different times, and different emphases.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:16 AM
kowalski__
mouseman

best version is definitely peach tree jam.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 AM
kowalski__
mouseman

guitar sound