Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 PM
monochrome
river

mp3 of the essex 080423 broadcast?
Hey, has anyone made an mp3 (possibly cut into separate tracks) of the essex broadcast from 4-23-08? Could anyone share it? I tried digging through the pages only to find the earliest post to be on page 3 from mid May---(did the servers crash or something?)
Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: mp3 of the essex 080423 broadcast?
Red Bull
Tastes
Sugary with
Rum
Old 06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
I tried digging through the pages only to find the earliest post to be on page 3 from mid May---(did the servers crash or something?)
You're only looking at the last month's worth of threads. Click the drop down box at the bottom of the page that says "Last Month" and change it to "Beginning" and then click the "Show Threads" button.

Or here's the thread for the last show:

http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...ead.php?t=8003
Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
verbal
mouseman

So I got the one on RTSR. Already broken into tracks.

I'm really anal about my track naming, so I'm going through it and making sure everything is right comparing it to the broadcasts page on Underworldlive. The page has Smalltown Supersound – "In Light" between Arp – "St Tropez" and Underworld– "Telematic Peal" but I don't have "In Light"

I listened to the tracks and they seem to blend together just fine. Can anyone confirm if this is supposed to be there?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Smalltown Supersound Records is the label. In Light is the album. Arp is the band name. "St. Tropez" is the song title.

Just so you know, I would stack my anal retentiveness up against just about anyone on the forum, with the possible exception of -1. When I split these broadcasts, I spend about 5-6 hours tracking down the songs on the web and cross-referencing the song titles and artist names and audio samples against several sources. I try to make sure the song is spelled correctly, identified correctly (exact remix, etc.), and the artist is spelled correctly (finding the exact punctuation and spelling on their official sites, etc.). For any of the tracklistings posted to Underworldlive, there are always several errors, even going back to the 2005 webcasts I've done. Sometimes there are songs that weren't played. Sometimes song listings are missing. A lot of times artist names and song titles are misspelled. Sometimes songs are misidentified, e.g., they list the A1 song on a vinyl, but what they really played was B1.

For this particular broadcast, I had a really hard time tracking down any information about "I Get Deep". I ended up e-mailing The Popular People's Front (the group that LeoZero leads) for information about it. They responded, and it turns out it was a private vinyl mix sent out by LeoZero to a very few select people.

Last edited by TheBang; 07-08-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
When I split these broadcasts, I spend about 5-6 hours tracking down the songs on the web and cross-referencing the song titles and artist names and audio samples against several sources. I try to make sure the song is spelled correctly, identified correctly (exact remix, etc.), and the artist is spelled correctly (finding the exact punctuation and spelling on their official sites, etc.).
Your cuesheets are greatly appreciated, TheBang! Thanks for your efforts on this and the others.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 AM
mondokat
mouseman

Quote:
Smalltown Supersound Records is the label. In Light is the album. Arp is the band name. "St. Tropez" is the song title.

Just so you know, I would stack my anal retentiveness up against just about anyone on the forum, with the possible exception of -1. When I split these broadcasts, I spend about 5-6 hours tracking down the songs on the web and cross-referencing the song titles and artist names and audio samples against several sources. I try to make sure the song is spelled correctly, identified correctly (exact remix, etc.), and the artist is spelled correctly (finding the exact punctuation and spelling on their official sites, etc.). For any of the tracklistings posted to Underworldlive, there are always several errors, even going back to the 2005 webcasts I've done. Sometimes there are songs that weren't played. Sometimes song listings are missing. A lot of times artist names and song titles are misspelled. Sometimes songs are misidentified, e.g., they list the A1 song on a vinyl, but what they really played was B1.

For this particular broadcast, I had a really hard time tracking down any information about "I Get Deep". I ended up e-mailing The Popular People's Front (the group that LeoZero leads) for information about it. They responded, and it turns out it was a private vinyl mix sent out by LeoZero to a very few select people.
totally bitchin'. You are The Man.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
verbal
mouseman

Quote:

If that's the case, any chance you could zip up any broadcasts you have and put them on megaupload for me? Please?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

All the ones I've done are already on the RTSR tracker. Just click the "Radio Shows" category button. There are 4 older radio broadcasts that I haven't finished yet.