Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 05:50 AM
matt
old man einstein

24 - a beginners guide
okay - i watched season one and really enjoyed it up to about midday but then got really bored/disinterested when they kept repeating storylines in the second half. saw it out until the end but then haven't bothered watching any more until the new one (we're up to episode 4 here in the uk and i'm enjoying it so far)

anyway, my question is this: which, if any, of the seasons i've missed should i catch up on - all of them, none of them, some of them..?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Stephen
Hi! I'm Barry Scott!

Re: 24 - a beginners guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt
okay - i watched season one and really enjoyed it up to about midday but then got really bored/disinterested when they kept repeating storylines in the second half. saw it out until the end but then haven't bothered watching any more until the new one (we're up to episode 4 here in the uk and i'm enjoying it so far)

anyway, my question is this: which, if any, of the seasons i've missed should i catch up on - all of them, none of them, some of them..?
All of them. Though I think season 5 was the best since the first. Season 6 is shaping up to be UNBELIEVABLY PREPOSTEROUS but in a good way.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:03 PM
den
100% of nothing

Send a message via AIM to den Send a message via MSN to den
Season 4 was by FAR the most preposterous terrorist plot. But also in good way.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 AM
matt
old man einstein

there's spoilers in the post below:

ok so finally watched all seasons of the show now in time for season (or 'day') 7 which i understand is starting shortly once the writers strike comes to a conclusion

i have enjoyed all the series but there's also a hell of a lot of chaff amongst the wheat. season 6 started superbly but really ran out of steam towards the end - in fact that would be my biggest criticism of the whole series in that you'd think each season would be plotted better: some of the last few episodes feel tagged on after the main plot reaches its conclusion (eg season 6, once gredenko and fayed were out of the way and then they tagged on the lame josh gets kidnapped bit) and that whole charles logan sub plot in the last season was shockingly bad

i also have to wonder why on earth jack keeps sending people to CTU saying 'don't worry, you'll be safe there'. how bad must his memory be!? in six seasons CTU's been blown up, raided by machine gun wielding terrorists, had deadly nerve gas released within it and seen countless characters killed there including his wife. you'd think he'd have wised up by now!

still, i'm sure i'll watch season 7 when it airs. i unfortunately already know something of the plot but won't say anything here as i imagine part of it's going to be a huge shock

anyone know when it's scheduled to start stateside..?

Last edited by matt; 01-29-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Stephen
Hi! I'm Barry Scott!

Yeah, season 6 has turned me off 24 tbh. The opening 6 episodes or so were brilliant but then it got worse and worse until the end when it was just awful.

I hear season 7 is going to be an entirely different beast and it fucking needs to be to save Bauer from TV shit.