Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Tom
BttKBtKt!

Send a message via AIM to Tom Send a message via MSN to Tom
1408 (No spoilers)
Is this as good as I hope it is?

Not clicking bryantm3's thread for fear of spoilers as I haven't read the book either.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: 1408 (No spoilers)
my review sucks, i think i'll delete it. i'm no good at reviews.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:36 AM
bryantm3

it's pretty darned scary.
well, it was for me at least. the types of movies that scare me aren't 'omg! someone's gonna get me!'. like 'the shining' didn't scare me. slasher movies don't scare me, they just make me want to puke. this thing scared me. it's not really violent or anything, it's just extremely scary. i couldn't sleep night before last, and last night i had to take an extra sleeping pill (well, i'm an insomniac so i have to do that a lot anyway). not many movies freak me out, but that one did. the only other one i can think of that made me that scared was probably the blair witch project. anyway, i'll try not to spoil it for you, but i can give you a little background. it occurs at this hotel in new york, called the dolphin hotel. ever since the hotel opened, there have been 56 deaths in 1408. 10 minutes after 1408 was first rented when it first opened, they found this guy dead in a bathtub, he slit his throat but then he tried to sew it back together with a sewing machine. and then people have had all kinds of other non-suicide/murder deaths, like one guy drowned in his chicken soup. no one had ever made it longer than an hour in the room, and after the 56th death they closed the room down. and then there's this guy (john cusack) who writes books about haunted hotels and haunted mansions and such, and he doesn't even believe in ghosts. so he gets this mysterious post-card in the mail from the dolphin hotel that says 'don't stay in 1408'. so he travels all the way to new york to stay in that room and they won't give it to him. the manager (samuel l jackson) tries to talk him out of staying there, offers to let him take pictures in an identical room and let it be. and he won't be satisfied, so he gets a lawyer to enact a civil rights law that says if there's a room that isn't occupied they have to give it to him, so they finally give him the room. on the way up to the room, the manager tells him that even though the room hasn't been rented in 11 years, they still clean it up once a month, but the maids only stay in there for 10 minutes, and the door has to stay open. a few years ago, a maid was locked in the bathroom for 15, and she was found blind- she clawed her eyes out and was laughing hysterically. when john cusack is walking down the hall, samuel l jackson says 'please don't do this'. but he goes in the room, anyway. and that is one screwed up room.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
bryantm3

you can read some better reviews on here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/usercomments

but this movie will scare you.