Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:56 AM
Tom
BttKBtKt!

Send a message via AIM to Tom Send a message via MSN to Tom
Dexter
Has anyone seen this show? It's on Showtime I believe.

In short: It's about a serial killer who doubles as a forensic scientist, specializing in blood spatter (he loves blood, disembowelment is his MO). The setting is Miami and the first season so far has been about Dexter coming across another serial killer who may be better than he is, and this subsequentally begins a cat and mouse killing game between the two.

The catch here is that Dexter's dad, a respected police officer, realized his sociopathic and psychotic tendencies at a young age and taught him a code of ethics for him to follow. Following that code Dexter kills exclusively other serial killers to subdue his urges to murder. And because he's a serial killer himself and has no real emotions he can see past their false emotions and spot them, catching the ones that are above the law or that fall through the cracks of the justice system.

I've only just seen the first episode, but I have the rest of the first season on my HDD. All indications point to fucking fantastic show. Michael C. Hall is absolutely amazing as Dexter.

I wish I was a serial killer too.

Last edited by Tom; 01-22-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Renze
mouseman

Re: Dexter
Yeah, I've seen the pilot episode too. It hasn't convinced me to continue, though. I have too many other shows to watch (BSG, Rome, 24, Lost, Prison Break, Stargate).

Last edited by Renze; 01-22-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
I watched it. I really liked Michael C. Hall's performance but my favorite parts of the show were the twisted-ass flashbacks to Dexter as a kid learning stuff from his foster dad. that stuff was awesome!

I thought the show was good but toward the end of the season it became fairly predictable and went some places I didn't really want it to go. Still though, if you can accept the idea that this serial killer only kills "bad" people, it's a pretty fun show.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Stephen
Hi! I'm Barry Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renze
Yeah, I've seen the pilot episode too. It hasn't convinced me to continue, though. I have too many other shows to watch (BSG, Rome, 24, Lost, Prison Break, Stargate).
Boo to Lost! I gave up about 8/9 episodes into the 2nd season. I can't escape the feeling that they're going to do a Sunset Beach and tell us it was 'all a dream' at the end of season 7 or something. It was intriguing up to a point, then it just became REALLY irritating. There is no way that they could do a big 'reveal' that would live up to the mystery they've built up. How is it in season 3?

I watched the first episode of season 2 of Prison Break last week and then my telly broke last night so I've already missed the 2nd. Thinking I might get on the p2p and grab that and the new 24 as I can't wait to see all the new stuff. And my fucking telly's broken anyway. Anyone care to give me a mini-tutorial in torrent downloading.using? I did try it a while ago but got completely confused. Sure it can't be that hard. What's a good (ad/spyware-free) client to use?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:46 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

I use Azureus. Basically you download a torrent file (small file) and open this into your torrent client. It will then start downloading the actual files referenced by the torrent onto your harddrive (into whatever download folder you've set up) from other users who have that torrent loaded.
When searching for the torrent file, take a look at the amount of seeders (S) and leechers (L) for that torrent. Seeders are people who have this torrent active in their torrent client and have the complete file. Leechers are those who are still downloading the file. The more people who have the torrent active, especially seeders, the more chance you'll get a quick download. It's is expected that you keep the torrent active in your client even after you've downloaded the whole file, until you've uploaded at least as much of it to other people as you've downloaded. This is your share ratio. A ratio of 1 means you've uploaded the same amount of data as you've downloaded. Less than 1 means you've downloaded more than you've uploaded.

If you're behind a router or firewall you may have to open some ports in order for it to work properly. You'd have to consult the manual of the router to find out how exactly.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Renze
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Boo to Lost! I gave up about 8/9 episodes into the 2nd season. I can't escape the feeling that they're going to do a Sunset Beach and tell us it was 'all a dream' at the end of season 7 or something. It was intriguing up to a point, then it just became REALLY irritating. There is no way that they could do a big 'reveal' that would live up to the mystery they've built up. How is it in season 3?
So far, season 3 is actually more excitement and less mystery. I'm enjoying it.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Tom
BttKBtKt!

Send a message via AIM to Tom Send a message via MSN to Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller
I thought the show was good but toward the end of the season it became fairly predictable and went some places I didn't really want it to go. Still though, if you can accept the idea that this serial killer only kills "bad" people, it's a pretty fun show.
I just finished season 1 and I completely agree with you. That said, I did really enjoy myself watching it. Has season 2 started airing yet?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:18 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
nope but I think I read somewhere that it was picked up for another season so it IS coming back at some point!