Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:24 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Rick Smith
Apparently Rick wasn't at the Primavera show last night. He must be sick again (still?). While looking for information about him, I discovered he doesn't have his own wiki entry. Karl has one, but not Rick. With his contributions to the Olympics, solo productions and general badassery, I think Rick needs his own page. Look at all these other 'lesser' Rick Smith's who have their own page! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Smith

Who's up for creating an entry for Rick?

What would be listed as achievements and contributions? Particularly thinking outside the general Underworld stuff.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:20 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Rick Smith
Was he not there, or was he up at FoH? Would be odd for him to *still* be sick (rather than sick again) as Karl's been mentioning lots of studio work with him on instagram. I guess that sort of thing happens with age... :/ hope he heals up and can get back on stage again.

Last edited by jetpig; 05-31-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:16 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Rick was at production rehearsals a couple weeks ago. If he's not on stage, I think it's by choice.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:07 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

I can see why he'd be at FoH, but I miss his interaction with the others on stage.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:37 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

As it's starting to look like he won't be on stage at the Bowl show, I take solace in the fact he will be putting forth his considerable skills to providing us the best <peel voice>sonic quality</peel voice> possible. Hopefully we get some more insight into this choice!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

I'm going to the Bowl show, and it's my first time seeing a concert there. How is the sound quality there usually?

One thing that always impressed me with Underworld shows no matter if it was a big festival like Coachella or the small venue headliner shows, the sound was always top notch, loud and crystal clear.

Jason
Old 06-02-2015, 06:19 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I've never been, but it's an orchestral venue by design so it's probably pretty good. I was more referring to Rick's choice to do FoH mixing on these two tour legs instead of the track mixing on stage. As we have no idea what gear is doing what at this moment, though, it's entirely possible Rick's doing more than just level adjustments up front.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Seen a broad range of Bowl gigs and gotta say it's a hit or miss for sound quality. It takes a really talented mixing engineer to navigate the venue's obtuse nature.

More Rick please!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:30 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

I'm confused. Why wouldn't Rick be on stage for the Bowl or any show?
Old 06-14-2015, 07:34 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
I'm confused. Why wouldn't Rick be on stage for the Bowl or any show?
Rick missed about 75% of the recent tour dates for both the Dubno and festival shows, because he's been on-again, off-again sick.

That said, I would expect to see him on-stage at the Bowl.