Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
Re: The Wire
having succumbed to temptation and watched the review copies of Season 5, I can hands down say that this show has the biggest balls in all of TV land. It's really hard for me to believe that season 5 is playing out the way it is. Genius.

I re-watched seasons 1-4 right beforehand and am firmly convinced that this show is so far above and beyond any other television. It really shouldn't even be called TV, more like a 60-hour time capsule, social document, and five-star film. I can't wait until 20 years from now when it's generally regarded as one of the all-time great pieces of entertainment and I'll be the old fart in the corner saying I was there when it came on and nobody watched it.

I still think season 3 is the pinnacle but I am officially shocked and awed by season 5 so far.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
I've seen the first 8 episodes of this season. BY FAR the only tv show worth watching.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

my roomate pnly talks about the wire. i decided to try and watch it.. but i fall asleep before i knew what about was.. err..
Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 PM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by GforGroove
my roomate pnly talks about the wire. i decided to try and watch it.. but i fall asleep before i knew what about was.. err..
Stick with it, it's so rewarding. I'm just starting season 3 at the moment. I rewatched season 1 two weeks ago and finished season 2 in about six days.

It's been keeping me in on the evenings instead of going out. Now I find myself sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket sipping a drink or tea for at least 2 episodes a night, sometimes 3 or 4 in my attempt to get caught up.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:05 AM
grady
fac321

There was a thread on the new forum about the wire and the final episode.

Anyone watch it here besides me and b.miller?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
I saw all of the episodes a week or so before the final was aired... this is not a TV show. ITS EDUCATION!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller View Post
I still think season 3 is the pinnacle
i'm more than half way through this season now and its almost like a symphony the way all the plot lines are slowly starting to come together as it reaches its conclusion. mcnulty's dinner date with the political strategist was an ever so subtle piece of social commentary as i've seen on tv
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Tiger
Freaknik!

season 5 ended last monday here in the UK and i can safely say i've never watched a show so consistently brilliant.

Stringer Bell, McNulty, Bunk, Freamon, Bubbles, Omar, Prop Joe, Clay Davis & Marlo will sorely be missed. for those interested there's a good blog discussing it here http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/orga...on.television1
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.