http://www.dirty.org/forums/showpost...51&postcount=1
zomg;

Quote:
1- Ess Gee - 39% of all voters votes were for this track
2- Skym
3- Push Downstairs
4- Little Speaker
5- Trim
I often disagree with lists, but this is just too much. Skym is one of my fave tracks ever. They might all be a lot calmer than Moaner or Nuxx, but I find them very, very beautiful in their own right.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:45 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: breaking and entering!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icke
zomg;

I often disagree with lists, but this is just too much. Skym is one of my fave tracks ever. They might all be a lot calmer than Moaner or Nuxx, but I find them very, very beautiful in their own right.
so Skym is your favorite track, but i'd be willing to bet that the next 9 tracks of your top-ten are banging. fact is, if UW made an album of 10 skym-ish tracks, we wouldn't be there on a msgboard talking about it. Ess Gee just isn't captivating in any way imo. If Ess Gee and Skym are what you think of when i say, "underworld" then you are in luck and have a soundtrack you will be very pleased to hear.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:46 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
i agree that Breaking and Entering is in the vein of Ess Gee, but it is much more than a harmless guitar doodle. It is multi-instrumental, orchestral, alteratively minimal and overlayered, quiet and percussive. it basically shows how much UW is capable of in addition to the banging electro-dance tracks that we all know and love.

As an aside, i don't understand the lumping of Ess Gee and Skym...theyr'e very different sorts of tracks. Ess Gee is just guitar, while skym is mostly keyboard. The fact that they are both beatless might warrant comparison, but Skym def. feels like a full "song", which builds and changes. Ess gee is just a nice lil noodle bit. If you're gonna include it with anything, here's the family:
Ess Gee, Blueski, Shudder.

Hmm, just thinking about that 5 least favorites list. i bet if there was a top ten downtempo/ambient tracks, some of those would appear as favorites
Old 11-20-2006, 10:53 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Hmm, just thinking about that 5 least favorites list. i bet if there was a top ten downtempo/ambient tracks, some of those would appear as favorites
oh i didnt mean to lump them, i was just going by the results from the poll. but UW only released a handful of downtempo, skym-type songs so a poll would be useless.

i like the soundtrack for what it is. but it in absolutely no way, satisfies any hunger i have to hear underworld.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Icke
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
so Skym is your favorite track, but i'd be willing to bet that the next 9 tracks of your top-ten are banging.
I love Pearl's Girl, the Born Slippys, etc., but I also love tracks like Blueski and Shudder (thanks for mentioning them holden). I think I just sense the beauty in both types of tracks. If anything, I do not really like the tracks that are really in between the two extremes, like we have heard in some of the RiverRun tracks.

Quote:
fact is, if UW made an album of 10 skym-ish tracks, we wouldn't be there on a msgboard talking about it.
Why the heck not ?

Quote:
Ess Gee just isn't captivating in any way imo. If Ess Gee and Skym are what you think of when i say, "underworld" then you are in luck and have a soundtrack you will be very pleased to hear.
I have heard the soundtrack and I love it indeed .
Old 11-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Strawman
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icke
I love Pearl's Girl, the Born Slippys, etc., but I also love tracks like Blueski and Shudder (thanks for mentioning them holden). I think I just sense the beauty in both types of tracks. If anything, I do not really like the tracks that are really in between the two extremes, like we have heard in some of the RiverRun tracks.

Why the heck not ?

I have heard the soundtrack and I love it indeed .
I agree with everything you've said Icke. There are some amazing uw tracks which are slow, melodic & beautiful. And yes sometimes when I think of uw these are the tracks that pop into my head. Sometimes I think that the slower tracks have more repeat value. But yes love those D3AD tracks as well.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Icke
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawman
I agree with everything you've said Icke. There are some amazing uw tracks which are slow, melodic & beautiful. And yes sometimes when I think of uw these are the tracks that pop into my head. Sometimes I think that the slower tracks have more repeat value. But yes love those D3AD tracks as well.
And I also think that part of UWs beauty is in the juxtaposition of calm songs and pounding songs.

For example: the way DA3D follows Ess Gee on AHDO. And the very lovely combo on EE: the lovely calm outro of Push Upstairs, followed by the pounding beats of Pearl's Girl, followed by the mellow Jumbo, then Shudder and then King of Snake.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:34 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Just wanted to say, that after listening to this score for a few weeks, that I really love what Rick, Karl, and Gabriel have done. Having not seen the film, the cd has become the score to my life this winter. Returning home to Chicago for thanksgiving, the themes of this score were constantly floating in my head as I walked/drove around the cold, winter landscape that I once called home. This really seems like winter music. I walked around the Chicago campus where I was a student just months ago with the "Hungerford Bridge" theme in my head, thinking of old friends and old memories left behind for the hustle of Los Angeles. I really love the textures and melodies (and lush soundscapes) in the score. Great job fellas.

Favorites:
Hungerford Bridge/We Love Bea
Will and Amira
Counterpoint Hang Pulse
St Pancras
Happy Toast

Last edited by viddy; 12-04-2006 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Strawman
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookee
hello everybody,I'm new to this forums business,have loved u/w for the last ten years or more but am so disappointed with their film soundtrack,really boring!!from the reviews I've read sounds like the films crap as well!! is it just me?

Welcome Wookee!

I'll have to buy it and listen. I like the mellow stuff so I might like it. Is it really different like I'm a big sister... I loved that!