Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:43 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
One of the things I love most about these guys is all the reuse of sounds in new situations and projects. I'm listening the Frankenstein soundtrack for the first time and just found that Dawn of Eden contains the female vocals that would get reused later to great effect in And I Will Kiss/Caliban's Dream, not to mention all the reused stuff from the riverrun. Gorgeous. Thanks boys!
Old 11-11-2014, 12:38 AM
mark3
pants

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
Does anyone have this promo ? The track listing is different, with all UW tracks on the last half of cd 2 (except the 2 made for the event). I was wondering if the tracks would be longer / mixed in a different way (though they have the same order as on the official release. Anyway, it would make for a long Underworld medley, except for the Traktor track closing the cd.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Mike
born013

Hmm Interesting, it would sound a bit strange if, for example, Dirty Epic faded into High Contrast - The Long Way Home for the last few seconds. There was also a Caliban's Dream / And I Will Kiss Promo which I lost out on a few months back. There are various edits on it.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:11 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Yes, I got it. The short answer is, don't bother. I detailed everything in the Discogs entry:

http://www.discogs.com/release/5917088

Basically, Disc 1 has a different running order, but is otherwise the same as the retail album. Disc 2 is identical to the retail album (despite the cover). I was totally hoping for unmixed versions of the UW tracks, but no such luck. It looks like someone just listed the tracks on the cover in artist alphabetical order for some reason.

The Caliban's Dream/And I Will Kiss promo is worth it if you want those radio edits for the tracks.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:00 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

wondering whether despite the radio edits etc, of the two 'NEW' tracks used for the Olympics if Rick had any old outtakes / stems / tracks that didn't make it to the Ceremony

i can't believe they only wrote two new pieces for Isles of Wonder and that was it...

wonder if Mr Smith might share someday something else from that period...

I'd also like to see the High Contrast remixes in full versions rather than the mixed edits they used in the Ceremony itself... these must exist also...

i tried HC but he wasn't forthcoming
Old 11-18-2016, 09:56 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite View Post
I'd also like to see the High Contrast remixes in full versions rather than the mixed edits they used in the Ceremony itself... these must exist also...
For sure. I really like the Rez remix, and would love to have an unmixed version of that.