Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Winston
is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
Re: Ableton Live users: I want a loop CD
if you want it like rich, you will need the original tracks before they master them, otherwise it's not possible i guess

Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbal
I'm not sure if you guys understand what I want. I don't just want loops, I want single instruments. Mainly so I can build a brand new track instead of just throwing in a loop of a track.

I'd love to breakdown one of my favorite tracks into instruments and loops. The loop part I can handle-- it's the isolating instruments I have no clue about.

Hawtin did it for DE9: Closer To The Edit. How is it done?
It's likely that in a lot of cases he just used an audio editor such as Wavelab to isolate certain bits. If he was pulling a sound out of a layered passage comprised of multiple instruments then I'm not sure.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 AM
adam
blue

Oooooooooooooooooooh, single instruments, my apologies. You DJ with vinyl, yes? So you know you can often fudge it with EQs and filters. You can't get perfect isolation, but sometimes those imperfections work really well. Assuming you want better isolation than that, a lot of magazines review sample CDs, I'd try and locate some of them online and find something that suits you.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

otherwise there are loads of sample cd's with construction loops for dance music, but they tend to cost quite a bit and personally I wouldn't be able to recommend you any specific ones.
You might try sites like http://www.soundsonline.com/home.php
Old 02-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
yeah, mostly when i want that, i basically have to use some EQ magic. It might take a while to get what you want. You might do better to loop your bit of the song, then copy several "takes" of that loop in live and eq them all differntly, and bounce the result. using multiple filters on the same track can help too....but you have to be flexible with the sound...you aren't going to ever get perfect isolation without obtaining the separated tracks. i'd suggest listening to your chosen choons a little differently, trying to listen for what sounds could be pulled, and which one's can't...make decisions based on that.

get there
Old 02-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Tyler
...lost transmission

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbal

Hawtin did it for DE9: Closer To The Edit. How is it done?
There is nothing on DE9 where he isolated specific insturments off the records. It's all just (mostly short) cut loops of the entire song. He just picks parts of the song where it breaks down to just one insturment or whatever to cut into a loop. Those records he's cutting up are already super super minimal anyway.