Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:50 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Downpipe ft. Karl Hyde available as a download (and on CD!) - Details and lyrics here
The full 8mins10secs Downpipe Club mix and dub mixes are available at The Toolroom for a bargain £0.99 for the mp3 or £1.50 for the WAV. Chuck in 50p and you get high-res artwork. Alternatively if youre feeling less intelligent or you're Mrs Beatport and want to do her son a favour you can pay €4.99 / €7.29 for the pair.

Link Toolroom: http://www.toolroomrecords.co.uk/sho...npipe/?format=
Link Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...90052/downpipe

The release is also available on CD for £3.99 which aint bad considering the WAVs are £1.50 and the artwork is 50p which would be £3.50 without the disc, case and printed artwork. Unfortunately the postage is 2quid http://www.toolroomrecords.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

Description:

Mark Knight & D.Ramirez V Underworld - Downpipe is a massively infectious groove that’s gonna make you shake – “it’s gonna make your hands shake” and builds excitement from start to end as the collaborative talents involved create an all-consuming journey for this, the first ever collaboration in the history of Underworld, already crowned ‘Essential New Tune’ on Radio1 by Pete Tong.

An insanely infectious piece of music that has feeling and passion rushing through its veins, the combination of tech grooves and intense progressive-build nods heavily to the tight production skills of Mark Knight and D.Ramirez and sees a stunning return to international dance floors for one of electronic music's most iconic voices – Karl Hyde, for this, the much anticipated and long overdue follow up to the 2007 anthem ‘Columbian Soul’.

Having created a defining soundtrack to a chemical generation with the almighty ‘Born Slippy’ and countless club crossover hits including the likes of ‘Rez’ and ‘Cowgirl’, Underworld are highly regarded as one of the best in the business.

Take this heritage and legacy and combine it with one of the most prolific DJ production partnerships in the world right now and you have something very special indeed.

It’s a floor-exploding, pulsating monster with Knight, Ramirez and Smith working the tribal callings of Karl Hyde to full on effect. His hypnotic vocal gets deep under your skin and firmly locked in your brain.

The combination of Underworld's unmistakable talent for drawing on primal energies and Mark Knight and D.Ramirez's unquestionable production skills and knowledge of the Dance Floor tells a powerful story that is ahead of the curve and pays off with a monster riff in the drop.

‘Downpipe’ is above all, a sure fire winner that will drive the main room of any big club or festival, clever enough to seduce the underground.

Mark Knight and D Ramirez - “We’ve been planning the follow up to Columbian Soul for some time and wanted to do something next level; instantly Underworld came to mind. Downpipe is a track with new spirit and plenty of reason to dance. It's been a real honour to team up with the biggest act in dance and a major coup for Toolroom Records to have secured the release”

Underworld - "working with Mark, Dean and Toolroom has been a pleasure. When we heard the guys ideas for the track we just had to get involved. Downpipe sounds enormous, we can't wait to hear it out on the dancefloor.

www.djmarkknight.com
www.dramirez.co.uk
www.underworldlive.com
www.toolroomrecords.com
Old 09-02-2009, 08:17 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: Downpipe ft. Karl Hyde now available as a download - Details here
Just went for my morning run and listened to the vocal mix twice. Great track.

first try at the lyrics, some help needed particularly the final verse
------------------------------
Downpipe (lyrics by Karl Hyde)

To the music of falling water
and i don't mean rain
Don't give me that pain
Don't corner me with that poetry thang
I'm sitting on a rock
at the edge of the world
The red earth and the ocean are below me
Locked in the distance of erosion
put a rock on me to stop me blowing away

I'm gonna make you shake
I'm gonna make your hands shake
(repeat)

It's a new day
and my bass vibrates
with anticipation
(repeat x2)

the sky comes down to the ground
letting go with love
and a cell phone rings
...rings
rings

Las vegas in my head
tattoo on my mind
Black brick
Black brick walls slide
past your
past your tired eyes
I'm on a short fuse
i'm on a good day
but
i'm on a short fuse
i'm sure that you could guess
see me
woman with a small ... saying
shall we have a coffee
somewhere, sometime, somehow
will you come with me
sounds like i've got my mistake

Last edited by BrotherLovesDub; 09-02-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

good tip, steve

just checked at toolroom, where you can get the mp3s for £0.99 and chunky wavs for £1.50. plus 50p for the artwork if you want it (nope).

http://www.toolroomrecords.co.uk/shop/singles/downpipe
Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Thanks gaborez/ post updated!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Mrs Beatport
heheh
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Mike
born013

Fantastic, great price too!

I spend about £30 a month at beatport, so it nice to get the mp3s cheaper at toolroom.... i will probably shop there a bit more too

Mike
Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Andrea
light at heart

Re: Downpipe ft. Karl Hyde now available as a download - Details and lyrics here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
An insanely infectious piece of music that has feeling and passion rushing through its veins...

I agree, the music is outstanding but I still wonder what feeling and passion rushed through Karl´s veins when he wrote the lyrics

...not to mention the feeling and passion of that secret russian(?) friend who´s posting almost daily on UW live
(off topic I know... but again...Hong Kong Garden: in my mind and Thank you, but I feel ok...honestly)
Old 09-03-2009, 04:42 AM
jose m
pants

Re: Downpipe ft. Karl Hyde now available as a download - Details and lyrics here
heard armin van buuren play this in ibiza and it sounded massive on a "big rig" !
Old 09-03-2009, 04:56 AM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Just went for my morning run and listened to the vocal mix twice. Great track.

somewhere, sometime, somehow
will you come with me
sounds like i've got my mistake
i think this part is repeated..
i'll check..

the rest looks good..

be seeing you
+1
Old 09-03-2009, 05:13 AM
ThingInABook
vision

i forgot to bring my credit card! sooo i'm going to purchase it as soon i'm at home in the afternoon