Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

2009-07-06 Rock For People - Czech Republic
Hello all the fans, we are heading to Underworld show tonight, I will post here more information later
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: 2009-07-06 Rock For People
have fun!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:34 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Here is my report from the festival in the Czech republic. This festival Rock For People were in my town Hradec Kralove.

When me and my brother enter the area, all the fans were heading to Placebo show on the other stage, so we managed to get to the first row on the main stage where Underworld will perform. That was great, because we saw all the instrument on the stage. We saw this setup. Karl had on the left side, from the eye of the spectator, his deck with cd player, 2 guitars and other instruments. he used scratching a lot in Moaner and in the other songs, he and Pricey and Rick were in contact nodding when the sound was good.
On the right side, from the eye of the spectator there was Roland Vsynth TX machine and other machines. There were on the right side and on the back 5 LCD monitors, 2 powerbooks and 3 laptops. We saw that on the computers was program similar to Ableton Live. We saw also the papers lying on the deck on the right. Pricey was in charge to deliver the papers to Rick. Rick was constantly mixing the sounds on the main deck. I saw that the bottle of water on the ground was not used. He spent the whole time to control the sound. Pricey was moving more, bringing the papers to Rick, telling Rick what he was doing with the computers and Pricey move in front of the deck where he used to jam with Karl Voice, Pricey was mixing the tracks and Rick was in the charge of sound output.
Karls performance was amazing. I never was too close to the stage like on this gig. He is icon.
I must say that on the OWB show in Prague in 2008 many of the tracks were in new versions, technically amazing. In this show the main thing was improvisation and I saw it all from the front row. Amazing.
They all were enjoyed the sound as the crowd were.
The setlist was as follows, I dont remember exactly the correct order...

0) Intro (Speech words, as Underworld entered the stage)
1) Dark Train
2) Cowgirl/Rez
3) You Do Scribble
4) Pearls Girl (Wonderfull ambient outro)
5) New Song (Step Back)
6) Born Slippy NUXX (Starting with hard beats)
7) King Of Snake (with snippets of Moaner lyrics, Karl with guitar and jamming.)
8) Two Months Off
9) Push Upstairs
10) Moaner (with overture with Karl dancing)

The show was very upbeat, without new songs from OWB.

The new song was really amazing, very melodic, not usual Underworld song, the lyrics contain o snippet of words like "Step Back", "Full Moon". This was one of the highlights of the show.

During Born Slippy NUXX the big balls were pushed to the crowd and on one occasion Pricey drop me the ball and i pushed the ball very high, so Pricey was seeing it

The crowd was mad and we had fun, during the end I had eye contact with Pricey thanking him.

In 2005 in Prague we saw Pricey as he was learning from Rick onstage stuff. During this gig I must say that he have great role in the band and he is enjoying it. This enables Rick to do more improvisation and play with sound, which is great combines with Karl improvisation. I must say that in improvasation are Rick and Karl strong, when the try noise, they see each other and nodding and do together wonderfull stuff.

This was very amazing, I must thank anyony who was involved. Perfect! Underworld is the best live band! It was amazing gig Thank you Rick, Karl and Darren
Old 07-07-2009, 05:42 AM
Mike
born013

Thanks for the review, sounds like a nice gig, they seem to be going back to the old crowd pleasers.

Did they mix any of the track together? Or are they still doing lazy crap ambient bridges?

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/370
Old 07-07-2009, 06:49 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Did they mix any of the track together? Or are they still doing lazy crap ambient bridges?
Yes they mixed some tracks together and it was pure joy, but I cant remember between which tracks the mix was. The ambient bridges were used in Pearls Girl.

Great that you put the setlist on the web, Im not sure about the correct order, but definatelly these were the tracks

It was my 3rd Underworld gig and it was fantastic

The Rock For People New Song (Step Back) lyrics is great and have definatelly album potential, very catchy
Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 AM
jose m
pants

the new song was "between the stars" and was played in montreux and love family park.quite old skool underworld and could have come off "dubnobass..."
Old 07-07-2009, 12:44 PM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose m View Post
the new song was "between the stars" and was played in montreux and love family park.quite old skool underworld and could have come off "dubnobass..."

OMG, I never heard of this song "between the stars", can you please tell us more info about this great track, where we can hear it? Thank you
Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

tiny bits of lyrics to it appeared on one of the uwlive posts, but thats about all of us non-livegoers know so far. i dont think any recordings have surfaced yet but then again i didnt really look
Old 07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Mike
born013

nice bit of info, thanks - i updated the track name on the gigography
Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 PM
DaddyAdv
pants

Re: 2009-07-06 Rock For People - Czech Republic
Here's a nice example how the new Ableton Live set-up works out: New Train flowing seamlessly into Cowgirl:

and this bloke managed to capture the sound check: