Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Rare underworld CD's/Poster For Sale
OK, this isn't meant to be rude, just fact. I think we've endured the bumps on this thread long enough. Anyone who would have had any interest in the poster has already seen it, and apparently decided to pass. I think it would best serve your time and ours if you moved on to eBay or an emek forum and let this thread die.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:15 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underworldrob69
Then apparently you don't know who emek is(http://www.emek.net/posters/main.html), a very famous concert poster artist who is commissioned to do this art usually by the artist/venue(this one from may 1st, 1999 at santa monica civic center) so this is not just a meaningless piece of work. so it has to be a recognized font to make it collectibly, i thought art was interpretation? sorry for taking up space on your holy ground your highness and your all almighty knowledge, i thought 80 american dollars was pretty cheap, i guess i am not worthy of posting...geesh get off your high horse
Sorry i obviously did cause offence, and i'm sorry i'm not up on my 'concert' poster artists, but either way - as an Underworld piece, this to me, and it appears most others here, don't think its worth buying - even at the price you listed.

You are certainly worthy of posting if you have something other than 'BUMP' to say, but almost half of your posts on this forum have been in this one thread bumping it up...

i'm quite happy to discuss the merits of concert posters and emek, if that's what you want, but as a piece of art its not what i'd want in my house, and as a piece of UW memoribilia even less so, especially at that price.

I believe most people who buy Underworld merchandise, as opposed to the music, do so, because it has some direct influences by Underworld associated to it, either the imagry or graphically. This poster has nothing other than Underworld written on it - hell, if thats the case, i'd be buying up the T-Rex Album and Kate Beckinsale DVD's. It has to have some more merit to it i suppose for people here to buy it.

Feel free to carry on bumping if you like and i welcome your posts (if they have something to say - even if its just ranting back at me) - i'm not modding ya, just passing comments being a formative collector of UW merchandise.

Matt
Old 12-13-2007, 12:36 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

gosh matt you're so nice.

selling stuff on here is no big deal but if thats all you're doing and you're the only one to bump this, your only thread, when everyone's clearly lost interest and not buying that POS poster, then you've no right to get uppity and think we're snobs when we ask you to plz stfu and stop the self promotion. that crappy poster, famous dude or not, looks trapped in mid 90's limbo and cant possibly sell for 80 dollars. i wouldnt buy it for 5. i dont care who's famous, it looks awful. you need to get that message instead of acting shocked when people try to insinuate that this is not an interesting item.
you've given as much as you can offer. we've given you money in exchange for rarities. if you're not interested in discussing anything and insist on bugging us with endless thread bumps for that last item no one wants, then kindly find the door and exit.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:28 AM
stimpee
Administrator

As a mod, i couldnt care less. If you dont like this thread, then dont read it. Its not hurting anyone. If rob thinks its worth 80 bucks then he can try and sell it and as long as he doesnt keep bumping it ad infinitum then my patience is also infinite on this subject. Rob: congrats on selling all your shit. well done. I hope you got an amount that you were expecting.

Matt: well, I see your point about the poster not being an underworld poster per se and myself personally i dont think I could part with 80 bucks for it either. Ive never heard of the guy who designed it but a simple Google search for EMEK would have told you that he is quite famous: http://www.emek.net/posters/main.html and this particular one I think might interest you more -> http://www.emek.net/posters/g/good_charlotte.html

Now both of you stop sniping at each other
Old 12-13-2007, 01:52 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
http://www.emek.net/posters/g/good_charlotte.html

Now both of you stop sniping at each other
see i'd buy that poster for sure...as it pretty cool, but i'd still only pay max $20 for it

Like dubman says, its not whether someone is famous or special that concerns me, its the quality and value of something... and that 'bug' poster doesn't have that quality

shit, try selling me a Van Gogh, just because he's famous doesn't mean i wanna pay a million for a picture i don't like, regardless...

i know people do buy art for the sake of it, but fuck me its a matter of taste / opinion and just because this dood is famous makes no difference to me - its only worth what someone is willing to pay...

imo its NOT an Underworld poster... its a EMEK poster which certainly has value to EMEK 'collectors'

as i said, i'm willing to discuss the merits of this poster, as art its not great (IN MY OPINION), as an UW piece its virually worthless (IMO), but as a fan of Emek its probably one of his finest.... but i'm not so i cannot comment on that.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:17 AM
underworldrob69
river

Thats the point, if the mods thought it was in the wrong spot he would have moved it and really if you don't like the thread move along, there is no point in giving your 2 cents just for the sake of doing it, i have been around the forum for years and have even provided yannick with some "valuable" stuff, but i don't post a lot of comments, mainly just read them and will just skip a thread if i don't like it.
born #067