Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM
bas_I_am
vision

Primal Scream Live (Recommended???)
Looks like primal scream is playing my neck of the woods this month.

I'm not a fan of all their stuff. love 90% of screamadelica, 10% of the rest, but I can appreciate a good show. Would you put these guys in the category of "must see" or "for fans only" ???
Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Primal Scream Live (Recommended???)
hmmm....

well - I have never actually had a chance to see them live (basically just b/c I live in the US)

but I've heard quite a few recordings from each of the tours... and I'd say that they definitely put on a good show (even "bad" gigs like their Glastonbury performance actually was entertaining)

on the other hand... I also haven't really heard any live recordings from this tour and they change around how they play / what they play depending on the tour
Old 03-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Mike
born013

Hmm the only time i saw them was at Coachella 03. It was awful, the sound was bad, the singing was bad and they looked fed up, i was very disapointed.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Tiger
Freaknik!

at glasto 03 when kevin shields was on guitar duties they were icendiary, easily one of the best gigs i've ever seen; however at glasto 05 they were poor, gillespie acting like a spoilt child
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

saw them with the orb in sheffield for a miners support gig in 1992 - they were amazing; but that was 'screamadelica' all over...
Old 03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
joethelion

Just read a pretty good review on a blog (copied and pasted it below)
weirdly, they didn't play anything from "Vanishing Point"

and I am SUPER BUMMED that I just realized ... I now have a chance to see them live, but I can't freaking go!!!!

Last night in Los Angeles, Primal Scream kicked off their first set of shows on this side of the Atlantic in a good while. They're here ostensibly to promote their now, via the Björn Yttling (of PB&J) produced Beautiful Future, but the setlist catered to those who'd been waiting all these years for a look at Bobby -- reaching as far back as Screamadelica ("Movin' On Up") and hitting most of the studio stops thereafter, including a solid chunk of XTRMNTR ("Kill All Hippies," "Exterminator," "Swastika Eyes," "Shoot Speed," and "Accelerator"). Also, they've got Mani on bass. Maybe you should see them at SXSW next week. Aside from their SXSW stops, Primal Scream's doing this tour with Kuroma (the band of Whigs founding bassist/former MGMT touring member Hank Sullivant,) and one more with Brian Jonestown Massacre. Hear Kuroma at their site, enjoy the photos by Andrew Youssef, and here are your Primal Scream tour dates with last night's setlist:

SETLIST
01 "Kill All Hippies"
02 "Can't Go Back"
03 "Miss Lucifer"
04 "Suicide Sally"
05 "Jailbird"
06 "When The Bomb Drops"
07 "Beautiful Future"
08 "Higher Than The Sun"
09 "Beautiful Summer"
10 "Deep Hit"
11 "Exterminator"
12 "Suicide Bombs"
13 "Sick City"
14 "Shoot Speed"
15 "Swastika Eyes"
16 "Movin' On Up"
17 "Rocks
----
18 "Damaged"
19 "Necro Hex"
20 "Country Girl"
21 "Accelerator"

On tour:
03/17 - San Francisco @ Fillmore* ^
03/19 - Austin, TX @ Cedar Street Courtyard (SXSW)
03/20 - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa (SXSW)
03/22 - Chicago @ Metro*
03/24 - Toronto @ The Phoenix*
03/26 - Philadelphia @ Trocadero*
03/27 - Washington, DC @ 930 Club*
03/28 - New York @ Webster Hall*
03/29 - Brooklyn, New York @ Music Hall of Williamsburg*
Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Absolutely one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Go, get down the front away from the head-nodders at the back, immerse yourself in the crowd who are up for it and you'll have a blast. Swastika Eyes live is monumental.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
stimpee
Administrator

WOW. they put on a fucking great show. heart and soul. do it.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM
joethelion

yea... I REALLY REALLY wish I could see them in Chicago. I just found out about it this morning, then about 10-15 minutes later, I discovered that my g/f had mixed up the dates on when she gets back from vacation

and I have to drive to go pick her up from an airport out of town that night (instead of the night before, as she originally told me)

grrr....

but at least she was like "oh honey that sucks" instead of "what? you mean you don't want to see me?!?!?!"
Old 03-18-2009, 08:08 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

I am debating going to the Chicago show. I hate to be one of "those guys" but I'm real bummed that they're not playing "Loaded"