Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 09:43 PM
adam
blue

The Wire
Has anyone else been watching this show? A friend of mine has been raving about it for a year, and he played me an episode a while back, and I thought it seemed well-executed, but nothing special.

Two days ago, though, he lent me the first season so I could watch from the beginning and I'm 2/3 of the way through the season now. I'm hooked. This is spellbinding. %90 of the characters are awesome (particularly Omar and Bubbles, at this point). I can't get enough of this shit, and I can't wait to watch the rest of this series.

Please, no spoilers, I haven't even finished the first season.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:14 AM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
Re: The Wire
best show on television. period.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Dave
is floating

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller
best show on television. period.
He speaks the truth.

Interview with the some of the cast and the creator in fader magazine (warning: post season 4)
Old 01-13-2007, 12:45 PM
grady
fac321

I just got season 1 and 2 this week and I've gotten sucked into this show. Quite good.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:48 AM
lukeyd
j00 makes kitteh scared

Send a message via MSN to lukeyd
been recommended to this by a mate at work. bt searches brought up nothing. have added the first series to my net rental list, so we'll see how long that takes to turn up
Old 01-14-2007, 02:00 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeyd
been recommended to this by a mate at work. bt searches brought up nothing. have added the first series to my net rental list, so we'll see how long that takes to turn up
hmm, i don't know where but a buddy of mine just managed to get every episode of all 4 seasons off torrent. might be worth a second look for ya...
Old 01-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

i started with it this week (without having seen this thread, funnily enough) and i'm enjoying it so far. but i've only been up to 1x4 until now....

Old 01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller
hmm, i don't know where but a buddy of mine just managed to get every episode of all 4 seasons off torrent. might be worth a second look for ya...
cough

cough
Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

damn i'm officially hooked. dis' some good shit!

Old 01-03-2008, 03:58 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

resurrecting an old post.............FX here in the UK has started showing the series from season one and will finish with the end of season 5 some time later this year. wow, what a show, love the way the storylines and characters build slowly over time. only mid way through season 2 at the moment and its compelling tv. fav scene so far has to be the Omar court apperance, was LOL and cheering

possibly the best show on tv at the moment, thought it heroes but was disappointed with the season one finale. also loving charlie jade, brillant mix of sci-fi and Private Investigation; can't believe it was made a few years ago by a Canadian/South African joint effort and wasn't picked up here or the US. still not been shown in the US apparently which is a real shame; and again only started on FX last year. OK so the plotlines take a while to develop and are not too easy to understand, but its one of those shows you have think about and it makes more sense with each show as things start to fall in place. always liked intelligent shows where its not clear whos good/bad or what their motives are
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.