Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:01 PM
galama
mouseman

UW Dreams?
I decided to take a little nap before i continue to work on my paper and it ended in a weird dream. Rick and Karl were sitting down at someone's apartment. The setting: a room with unusually low chairs without a back-rest, a table with a black wrought-steel frame with a square glass on top. I enter the appartment to be become surprised that Karl and Rick are there, having a conversation with the host...who by the way, is a my friend but i can't remeber who it is. I am inconspicuously excided...i try to hide that and act normal and in doing so i shake Rick's hand on several occasions telling him how much I appreciate the things him and Karl are doing for their fans. In the end, the boys get up and look amazingly tall. They enter in their car and leave.

so strange i thought i'd share it with you

Have you had any dreams related to UW?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:17 PM
ndrwrld
blue

Re: UW Dreams?
i dreamt of October 19th for 2 months...
i dreamt Underworld were coming to Toronto for this tour..

Old 12-10-2007, 01:31 AM
catsaregathering
river

When i came i first came to Amsterdam I heard them playing Rez/Cowgirl in Barnie's coffeshop and i shouted to a friend who was further up the street that we should stop in. The next song was the full version of Thing in Book, which for some reason i hadn't heard then, even though i was a monster fan already by that stage. I had the most amazing 20 minutes of my life and felt more relaxed than i ever had in my life. (yes i was smoking but i smoked a lot at home anyway, so it wasn't just that) Anyway, pretty much every night after that trip when i was back in Dublin i would Thing in Book on before i went to sleep and have these really vivid and emotional dreams about Amsterdam and walking around there, i really couldn't shake it, i was gripped by something. Tig is a really powerful tune, probably one of their best in my opinion, it just demands a huge amount of patience, i always compare it to Mile's Davis' Recollections, check out how different they sound but how similar they are or something. Anyway, on foot of my Underworld inspired dreams i now live in Amsterdam!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsaregathering
When i came i first came to Amsterdam I heard them playing Rez/Cowgirl in Barnie's coffeshop and i shouted to a friend who was further up the street that we should stop in. The next song was the full version of Thing in Book, which for some reason i hadn't heard then, even though i was a monster fan already by that stage. I had the most amazing 20 minutes of my life and felt more relaxed than i ever had in my life. (yes i was smoking but i smoked a lot at home anyway, so it wasn't just that) Anyway, pretty much every night after that trip when i was back in Dublin i would Thing in Book on before i went to sleep and have these really vivid and emotional dreams about Amsterdam and walking around there, i really couldn't shake it, i was gripped by something. Tig is a really powerful tune, probably one of their best in my opinion, it just demands a huge amount of patience, i always compare it to Mile's Davis' Recollections, check out how different they sound but how similar they are or something. Anyway, on foot of my Underworld inspired dreams i now live in Amsterdam!
That's great. Thing In A Book is one of my favorites.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:08 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

do wet dreams count?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
change
weekend blues

Send a message via ICQ to change Send a message via AIM to change Send a message via MSN to change Send a message via Yahoo to change
Yes. I posted on here long ago that I had a dream and it was some kind of a live setting and the guys were playing all kinds of new music. It was cool that I dreamt new songs but the bummer is that I didn't remember any of them when I woke up. Someone on the forum then scolded me for not getting a recording of the show.

Another time I dreamt the tracklist of the new album (a year or more ago, before there was much mention of a new album). Of course it wasn't what we all ended up with but it was still interesting. After that I had the feeling I knew what the album would be. It was that strange familiar feeling like if you have a vivid dream about someone and see them in real life.

So I'm a dork but they were cool dreams.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:52 PM
DaddyAdv
pants

Last night I dreamed of a gig where they suddenly revealed a giant circular sensor type screen behind the desks.
Rick handed out laser pointers / torches, and the audience were able to control the mixer's tracks in different ways or bring in effects. I could trigger Karl's vocal samples (bottom right was "all you people need love .." )

After the show, I bumped into Rick in a cafe and he asked me if it was a cool idea and if the intro to that (I think it was "floating world") was a descent track, 'cos he wanted to release it as the next single.

I told him yes, twice.

There you go: more interaction with the audience

Last edited by DaddyAdv; 05-25-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 AM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Sometimes I hear Underworld soundtracking my dreams, my memory for sound is pretty okay.