Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
qirex
mouseman

ULTRA music festival 2008 Lineup
http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/

Looks pretty dope Sasha, Digweed, Plastikman, Photek, BT etc...
No UW, but that'd be too good to be true.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Leon
bungalow

Re: ULTRA music festival 2008 Lineup
Tiesto, Armin van Buuren and Fedde Le Grand are worth boycotting the festival for. They make me ashamed to be Dutch.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Winston
is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
you freaked me out, you say palstikman, on the site, luckily says richie hawtin

Old 02-01-2008, 07:46 AM
TheRev
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qirex
http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/

Looks pretty dope Sasha, Digweed, Plastikman, Photek, BT etc...
No UW, but that'd be too good to be true.
That's funny - I'm looking at it now and I'm quite certain it says Underworld...

This is a mighty hefty lineup of all the commercial acts of the last 10 years.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Wow, this thing is a 2 day festival now...

I would like to see UW again but I really don't care about anyone else on that lineup.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:06 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPea

I would like to see UW again but I really don't care about anyone else on that lineup.
I'd like to see UW (for the 1st time) but I can't afford a hundred and fifty bucks for an Ultra ticket.....plus hotel in Miami, plus gas, plus food, plus etc. Not to mention that I won't be able to take the time off from work. Why does UW always pick when I'm the absolute brokest and most overworked to decide come to FL?!?

I'll NEVER get to see them live damnit.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose
I'll NEVER get to see them live damnit.
i feel the same way. i'm grappling with the fact that this is the closest they'll ever get to atlanta, but i really could care less about the rest of that lineup. for the kind of money i'd have to shell out to attend, i have to wonder whether they'll do a full show or will it be a truncated set typical for these kinds of festivals?

surely some folks here have underworld-at-a-festival experience. what's the set like? comparable to a solo gig or no?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony
i feel the same way. i'm grappling with the fact that this is the closest they'll ever get to atlanta, but i really could care less about the rest of that lineup. for the kind of money i'd have to shell out to attend, i have to wonder whether they'll do a full show or will it be a truncated set typical for these kinds of festivals?

surely some folks here have underworld-at-a-festival experience. what's the set like? comparable to a solo gig or no?
The first two times i saw them was at festivals and they did pretty much do a set in the style of a fan gig which for me was London 1 of the current tour. With the recent mix it up style sets they've been doing, i think its the best time to see them live from the 98/99 era. One of the reasons im going back to London this month as the temptation of hearing Cherry Pie, Spoonman or some other rare gem is to much for me!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony

They will do a full show as they did last time they played Ultra I expect. As they are the main act. The problem is, if they play at the Bayfront Park Amphitheater again, that it isn't a good venue, it is not big enough and the benches are a pain in the ass for an act like UW. I would offer you guys a place to stay but the reality is that I won't even be going myself to see them this time. I don't have that kind of money to spend for just one band.

Note: It seems this time it is in Bicentennial Park, I have't been there for a fextival type event so I dunno, it might be a better venue this time.

Last edited by GreenPea; 02-10-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:00 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

while the actual length of the show at Ultra Festival back on the AHDO tour (I'm not positive, but that might've been the last and only time they played Ultra) was about the same length as any of their normal shows - b/c they were the headliners

the tracks themselves were a bit different. I think they played at least one, if not two fewer tracks than usual, b/c they extended out the 'bigger' tracks so that they went on somewhat longer

I just remember how much more was centered around keeping a heavy, steady beat... than playing more random tracks (and they used a lot more 'dubby' effects than usual)

like, they played "Twist" without the piano intro

so... it'll be a fun show - for dancing
but don't expect them to play... I dunno "air towel" or the original version of born slippy for example