Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:43 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Re: 2016-17-03 Columbiahalle - Berlin, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrain View Post
Holy shit! They played this on one of the radio broadcasts (circa 2009 I believe?). Really really hope this shows up in Pomona next month!
Ah, perhaps that's why it sounded vaguely familiar. Then again, I'm bad at track-spotting so it may have been a different track, not Minneapolis.

The boys were on stage for about 2:10 hours, from a few minutes to nine until 11:07. No encore (11 pm curfew?).

Eight Ball was special. One of my favourites, that "happy" finish is always so uplifting. Karl was all smiles. On the whole, he played with the audience more than on the Dubno tour I think.

I don't have the new album yet, so was excited how the tracks would work. I Exhale went quite well. I liked Nylon Strung best in this set.

Juanita was a big success. I had been late for the last Columbiahalle gig in 2008, and entered during Juanita. Good to be on time this time.

Push Upstairs, KoS, Rowla, Rez, Cowgirl and of course Born Slippy were intense. No-into, no-nonsense versions. Full-on energy.

A strong club-gig performance throughout. The crowd was good as well, partying hard on the classics, open towards the new tracks (more open than myself, I have to admit). I was about five meters from the front, hardly any rowdies there.

Only downside of the evening: Those two Currywürste before the show prevented me from feeling any of the gin + tonic.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:20 AM
kontakt1968
mouseman

Wow nice setlist please please play 8 ball at the roundhouse!
Old 03-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
Agreed. If they play that setlist in Oakland, I will forgive them for LA Dubno. I can't believe they played 8Ball and Faxed. AND Juanita.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:35 AM
qirex
mouseman

Re: Columbiahalle, Berlin, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper101 View Post

These days it looks like a lot of pre-record going on, with only slight tinkering with delays and reverb on Rick's part. Darren seems to mainly be pressing play on the master laptop.
Darren looked so bored during that Colston Hall gig.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:58 AM
skyscraper101
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by qirex View Post
Darren looked so bored during that Colston Hall gig.
I know. His job is literally cueing up the tracks on a macbook pro. I think I'd be bored if that was my only job too.

Also, everyone knows too that the desk and master laptops can be manned by one person. Darren himself covered Rick during part of the dubno tour so clearly two people up there with Karl isn't essential.

Compare that to the old days where Rick and Darren Emerson were criss crossing over each others backs all hands on the mixer, creating beautifully unique live extended versions of the tracks which made for excellent live sets which were all unique.

I just hope we get some unique track variations between each of these shows anyway. Or they will all just sound the same as the albums when downloaded.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:00 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

That is the best looking setlist i've seen in years. Maybe a decade.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:42 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Whoa! If they keep it going with setlist like that, I might have to do some traveling to meet them on tour!

Really curious to hear how Faxed Invitation went down live. One of my favorites from OWB.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: 2016-03-17 Columbiahalle - Berlin, Germany
A few clips of 'Juanita' from the Berlin concert showed up on Youtube.

and

---Jason
Old 03-19-2016, 01:52 PM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
By the way, someone was filming on-stage with big gear. Something visual in the making perhaps?
Old 03-19-2016, 02:14 PM
earthportal
arcticwillows

I am super curious to see how "Faxed Invitation" sounds live. That's a really cool track.