Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2023, 01:28 PM
valentingalea
river

King of Snake live extra lyrics
What does Karl say during the extra lyrics portion of King of Snake when played live

Best example:

"fire and a hand between us"?!
Old 04-17-2023, 02:03 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: King of Snake live extra lyrics
You can see one interpretation of the lyrics here:

https://deepbluemorocco.borndirty.or...=eekingofsnake
Old 04-18-2023, 01:25 PM
valentingalea
river

Hm.. seems plausible - cheers!
Old 04-19-2023, 04:11 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I can't believe this is the first time I've ever heard of this UW lyrics website! ��
Does anyone know if it still active as I'd like to suggest some revisions?
I only had a very quick look but the main one I noticed was for Dark and long - surely it is "ride the train" rather than "bright light slave" that is repeated throughout?
Another is in Spoonman where rather than "watch them die etc" I'm sure it is just "talks to god" repeated. On the video it is even typed "talks to god" at that point. Also in Spoonman surely it is "waaaater, Tuesday" rather than "woooorld, Tuesday" and "change" rather than "cage"?
I'm sure some of the lyrics can be found buried in the pages of the mmm... Skyscraper book - if I remember correctly the long verse at the end of Spoonman is in there and 1 eg is that it is "8 dollar rubber rat" rather than "a dollar".
Also I remember Karl has posted pictures of the pages from his old notebooks with lyrics for some of the Dubno era tracks on.
Maybe I'm completely wrong? but I do find it amazing how different people hear different things! Sometimes I wish they would publish all the lyrics but actually I think part of the magic is not always being 100% sure what the lyrics are!
Old 04-20-2023, 01:46 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
I can't believe this is the first time I've ever heard of this UW lyrics website! ��
It's an old fansite that went defunct, and I revived it (with the owner's permission) to host it for posterity's sake. It's basically archived, but maybe someday I'll go through and fix some of the egregious errors (like many that you pointed out) or add new content.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:54 AM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
It's an old fansite that went defunct, and I revived it to host it for posterity's sake. It's basically archived, but maybe someday I'll go through and fix some of the egregious errors (like many that you pointed out) or add new content.
I loved/love Deep Blue Morocco so much. I remember finding it in the early '00s and being so grateful there was a lyrics site, so this tells you how long ago it was -- there literally were not services that focused specifically on song lyrics.

The breakdown/additional lyrics added to KOS on Everything, Everything are some of my favorite -- I'd drive around listening to this record just singing at the top of my lungs to that whole song.

Thank you for reviving/hosting for posterity one of my favorite sites.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:10 AM
valentingalea
river

Found a little treasure:

The lyrics are more clear and audible - deepbluemorocco website has them pretty accurate
Old 08-26-2023, 07:38 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

I still have part of this as my signature here!

uw0006
Old 08-26-2023, 08:53 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentingalea View Post
Found a little treasure:

The lyrics are more clear and audible - deepbluemorocco website has them pretty accurate
Description says King of Snake (early version) or K.O.S.(demo version) - Sept. 1997 - is a rare Underworld's track released for the web only in wav/mp3 format and available in underworldlive.com archive until few years ago

This YouTube page has a bunch of these tracks from the website archive. Anywhere to download these?
Old 03-20-2024, 01:22 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

I love Deep Blue Morocco! It's one of those websites from which I get a serious nostalgia kick. Thank you for continuing to host it, TheBang!