Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 01:26 AM
grady
fac321

Re: Warfield tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
haha it wasnt bad singing either.

i spent a good part looking for the beautiful burnout t-shirt in the crows but never saw it.
as much as i like the long thin stripe running down the back i really like BLDs shirt more.

the best design on sale was a ladies shirt only
i would have gotten ti anyway if the sleeves werent really short.
Ahoy.

I met up with BLD right before the show started about five feet from the center of the stage. His shirt is really nice.

Gotta agree, I wasn't terribly impressed with the thin stripe shirt and was disappointed to see that the ladies only shirt had a cooler design.

I was up on the balcony behind the desk for Dirty Epic through Kittens and it seems like issues were abound throughout part of the evening with the desk even being opened up. I believe I spotted Danielle on stage right trying to move the inflatable ballons around to free up the projector image obstruction on the right side.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:38 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i guess there were issues but i assumed that was part of the package you know. from down and front it seemed that all gaffes were handled almost seamlessly. also managing all those baloons must require some running about. and it was neat watching them move it around track by track. it got really unreal when they did them for kittens.

as for the stripe it's not the best but i really do like it a lot. not only is it a little subtle but the fabric is great and the fit is perfect. and i know i'm being picky, but there really should have been a different yellow for the text on the blue shirt. i'm out of money but i still kind of want it.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:42 AM
grady
fac321

I wish I would've been down close to watch what was going on. I was utterly fascinated by the video mixing going on up on the balcony. If you need to break away or have the curiosity, do check it out. At times I wish I was could've isloated certain cameras to focus on the over the board shot and the behind the backs of Rick and Darren facing the audience.

The green and blue of the ballons were pretty incredible to look at during Kittens.

What about that short video intro of Rick and Karl out in a field plugging in the ballons as they inflated? That was pretty amusing.

The stripe shirt will probably end up being my t-shirt purchase for the show.

I wonder what songs we'll get tomorrow? What doubles?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:49 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

yeah we got more graham wood in leotard didnt we? and this time with extra undies. loved how everyone cheered at that.

born slippy will most likely double, king of snake and TMO might too, tho i hope it doesnt. crocodile might as would beautiful burnout as they're the new ones tho i hope we get more maybe...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 AM
grady
fac321

There was a bit more tomato than usually it seemed tonight. Graham Wood dancing, and then the two people in conversation with subtitles.

I was thinking the same thing, probably Crocodile, Nuxx(obviously, though maybe we'll get the 03 mix tonight), KOS, and Rez/Cowgirl.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for Luetin(again), Dark Train/Shake that Higher, Tin There, Pearl's Girl(very likely, I hope), oich oich(unlikely), DARC, Always Loved a Film, and Slippy (original).

...must sleep now...
Old 09-08-2007, 02:00 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

ALAF would be cool.
and i KNOW the last half was basically BF-fest but the last part of cups and bruce lee would be so so great.
and maybe rowla as well. there was not one STITI track in there.
rez/cowgirl exploded so hard and got karl so worked up that i'd be surprised if it didnt play again

bah

the selfish part of me wants a new setlist tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:23 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

oh and before i forget:

ATARI VIDEOS
Old 09-08-2007, 02:38 AM
dirtytomato
river

Send a message via AIM to dirtytomato Send a message via Yahoo to dirtytomato
Just got home from drinks and munchies... too tired to write what i wanna say but i touched Rick's hand and I danced and cheered and grinned, all in my little area between the press pit and left speakers. I am in love again with the sound and the feeling i get from my muses.

..and I get to do it again tomorrow.

Last edited by dirtytomato; 09-08-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:11 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Opening with Luetin to, what an awesome choice! Any videos at all?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:38 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

This thread is making me smile from ear to ear. Mostly because I am sooooo pleased that you guys over the pond finally get a chance to see the band again - and for some of you, for the first time. Makes me feel so happy for y'all.

The pix on http://uwlive.groups.vox.com/ are superb. Seems like quite a cosy venue, which makes it all the better.

Have fun tonight, those of you going. I have to wait til October, but I am keeping my patience...just!